People with A/T to M/T AWD swap - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > DSM Tech Central > Transmission Tech > Manual Transmission Tech

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-03-2005, 07:54 AM   #1
V8killerTSi
DSMtalker

1991 TSi AWD
V8killerTSi's Gallery
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
People with A/T to M/T AWD swap

Did you realized that your rear diff is 3.30 and the M/T one is 3.45? I realized that with a friend "the hard way" . He installed a A/T 4 bolt rear to his M/T and he had "no visible problems"(he could have fried the VC) until he installed a VCE to go to the dyno...The car locked and well...the problem is the rear diff...This is just to let you know about this. I've seen many doing the swap and not taking a look at the rear diff.
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2005, 03:23 PM   #2
Broken2g
DSMtalker

97 GSX-SOLD
Broken2g's Gallery
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Re: People with A/T to M/T AWD swap

I knew and changed the rear when i did the swap. Im not sure how many people have done the swap but there is a easy way of dealing with the different rear.

First off the axels were different on my auto then they were on the manual rear.( Although I had a lsd in the auto and the manual rear i bought was an open rear, that probably had a lot to do with it)
Anyway to make a long story short I disassembled Both rears and swaped the lsd diff from the auto to the manual case and bolted the ring gear from the manual to my lsd diff. Used the shims from the manual case and that was it backlash was damn near perfect. Closed the case remounted it to the car filled it with fluid and that was it. Lsd diff with the new correct gear ratio and the axels were reused (Not to mention that they were both seized into the damn wheel bearing)
Broken2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement