The Speed Factor - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > Parts/Vendor Discussion Area > Vendor Review

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:21 PM   #1
kanda98
Super DSMtalker

95 Talon TSi AWD
kanda98's Gallery
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs down The Speed Factor

Hey all,

I placed an order about a month ago for a brembo brake kit from THE SPEED FACTOR and am going some troubles with them. At first, they were real cool...Martin helped me out a lot and gave his valued opinions on my specific setup, but when I recieved the package it was all wrong. He sent a package that I didnt order. ( wrong rotors, pads, ect.) so when I called him on his mistake he opologized and said that he would get out the correct order ASAP. Well, 3 weeks go by and nothing...no response to emails...phone just keeps ringing...and now their website no longer works. I'm definately calling my credit card company on this transaction.

My question is...does anyone know whats going on with them, I heard they were reputable guys?
kanda98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2005, 10:06 PM   #2
4SFED4
Elite DSMtalker

91 TSi AWD A/T
4SFED4's Gallery
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Re: The Speed Factor

I ordered a DNP header from them a while ago. I had a delay in my order due to DNP's backup not theirs, but I had no communication problems. In fact Martin personally brought it to an event I was attending so I wouldn't have to wait for shipping.

BTW their site still works:
http://www.thespeedfactor.com/main.html
4SFED4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 10:22 PM   #3
14.5 drift
DSMtalker

96 gsx auto
14.5 drift's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanda98
Hey all,

I placed an order about a month ago for a brembo brake kit from THE SPEED FACTOR and am going some troubles with them. At first, they were real cool...Martin helped me out a lot and gave his valued opinions on my specific setup, but when I recieved the package it was all wrong. He sent a package that I didnt order. ( wrong rotors, pads, ect.) so when I called him on his mistake he opologized and said that he would get out the correct order ASAP. Well, 3 weeks go by and nothing...no response to emails...phone just keeps ringing...and now their website no longer works. I'm definately calling my credit card company on this transaction.

My question is...does anyone know whats going on with them, I heard they were reputable guys?
I'd hate to do a charge back right away, martin is ussually a good customer service guy rep and pretty stand up.

Just for the sake of easier resolution try calling him a few more times........

give him a week maybe? Do what you gotta do though
14.5 drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:55 PM   #4
RavenX
New DSMtalker

99 Eclipse Gst
RavenX's Gallery

No problems with Martin on his site at all. He's gone out of his way to help me get things on time
RavenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 04:02 PM   #5
Infinity
Hardcore DSMtalker

I am an Asshole.
Infinity's Gallery

I've had great expirience with Martin, I'd hope you could give em a chance, they're good guys, I've bought a lot of crap from them. Some of the stuff they drop ship. But they're good guys, they've always tried to give me the lowest price possible regardless of how much their profits keep getting sliced razor thin. They're a local shop for me so I usually try to place orders and pick them up asap sorta stuff.
Never heard of a DSM with a Big Brake Brembo kit, I've got the AEM big brake kit myself and some of the others are usually wilwood or baer. Anywho, good luck.
1995 Eclipse GSX
2010 CBR600RR
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 04:48 PM   #6
DSMmania
Super DSMtalker

97 GSX Spyder
DSMmania's Gallery

Martin and the whole crew at The Speed Factor are in fact very reputable. I've hung out with them and do have multiple transactions on both sides with them. If you have product it isn't legal to just do a charge back with a credit card company, and I don't know why everyone seems to think of this as a way to get what they want anymore.

Regardless, it's not like they aren't answering the phone, maybe they don't have 30 lines and a secratary. It's a speed shop, not walmart. I know first hand how busy things can be and how unruly customers can get even if you try to help them out.

Have you returned the wrong kit yet? I know regardless of how much you claim you'll give him the right stuff back once you get the new ones, no one will give you the new product w/out the wrong or other in their hands...just my $.02

Curt
Old 10-31-2005, 11:13 PM   #7
RedTurboEclipse
Hardcore DSMtalker

1995 Eclipse GSX
RedTurboEclipse's Gallery
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

ive dealt with Martin and the SpeedFactor.. Martin seems very friendly over the phone and answered all my questions that I had.. I purchased an SCM50 through them.. with install kit..

there was a delay because PTE makes these turbos and they had to build mine.. obviously they didn't have it in stock.. he was truthful about it however.. compared to other companies that will give you excuses..

also with the install kit.. the 2g water plug was the incorrect size.. told Martin and had the right one shipped out ASAP..

you guys should ask what is in stock.. and if not how long it would take.. if vendors drop ship directly to speedfactor's customers.. the speedfactor (and any company in this kind of situation) dont really have any control except the vendor who is the actual supplier.. something to keep in mind before blaming any shop in general about lag in shipping/etc.. now if the lie and say its in stock when its not.. and give you an ETA which is all made up knowing it would take longer.. then thats justifiable for a complaint..
Old 11-01-2005, 03:30 AM   #8
nukefission
Honorary Administrator

1991 Eclipse GSX
nukefission's Gallery

Last time I was down there, they were gearing up to relocate. That may be why you've been having trouble contacting them. I would give them the benefit of the doubt. I've known Martin long enough to have a pretty good idea that he's not out to screw anyone over. The curse of the burgeoning DSM shop hasn't hit him yet.
'02 VW Golf TDI

PM'ing me about forum business in which I am no longer involved may result in your premature death.
nukefission is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement