n00b introduction - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > New User Reading Area > Newbies Forum

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:58 AM   #1
91slowgst
New DSMtalker

91slowgst's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
n00b introduction

what's up everyone...

Just stopping in to say hi to everyone before I start posting. I have to say this site has alot of information on it, you just have to use that fun little button up top labeled "Search".

Since my join date this site has helped me fix alot of my oil leaks, 2 boost leaks, surging idle (almost, but I am almost finished). Only thing I am looking for is how to find out what gen each part under the hood is from. I picked up a 91 gs w/ a 1st gen bottom end/ 2nd gen top end.

Mod list that I know of so far...(about to be in contact with the builder)
16g turbo
greddy bov
spearco fmic
short throw shifter
aem ems (will be replaced soon for something better)
k&n cone filter
3in exhaust
dump valve
hks 272 cams
hks valve springs
1mm over valves
Titanium retainers
msd box
Bosch fuel pump (not installed yet)
stock injectors
tokico blues
mbc
egt/ boost/ a/f gauges

There is alot more then this, some of it I've forgotten...some of it will be found out when I talk with the builder this morning.

I currently have a equal legnth mainfold w/ a t3 flange (external wastegate), as soon as I find the turbo/wastegate setup I will be putting these on.

Machine work:
Block- (1st gen bottom end) as far as machine work on the block it looks stock, it's about to come apart again and taken to the machine shop.

Head- (2nd gen head) matched intake ports to gasket, port and polish, multi-angle valve job

Intake manifold- ported and polished

Along with the car has been great problems (the builder sold the car and in which was sold to me within 3 weeks). Poor car the last guy beat the living dog poop out of it, w/ no clue what or how to take care of this car.

However what i do know, is this car has seen some respectable numbers on the dyno. I've all ready talked with the builder of the car once...today we just sit will he has free time to discuss every inch of the car.

Anyway, hello all...and glad to be here.

i'll post pics...anyone in the waco, texas area? This car was bought outta that town.

Last edited by 91slowgst; 01-04-2007 at 05:08 AM.
91slowgst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2007, 05:07 AM   #2
1990 Dsm Gsx
Ultra DSMtalker

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
1990 Dsm Gsx's Gallery
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: n00b introduction

Looks like a pretty good setup you have. Welcome to the forum. Looks like you know how to use the "SEARCH" button. +1 . lol

Good luck with the car in the future.

-Andrew
Old 01-04-2007, 05:11 AM   #3
gvr4dsmer
Super DSMtalker

710/1000
gvr4dsmer's Gallery

What would you be trading in the Aem Ems for? As you mentioned going with something better I assume you already have a faaar superior engine management system in mind.. Please enlighten me..
gvr4dsmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:14 AM   #4
91slowgst
New DSMtalker

91slowgst's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvr4dsmer
What would you be trading in the Aem Ems for? As you mentioned going with something better I assume you already have a faaar superior engine management system in mind.. Please enlighten me..
I've used the aem ems systems before on a few other cars (93 honda hatch, 91 turbo II rx7, and tried to do so w/ a volvo ). Each time I've have taken it out and put a mega squirt ems system in. I am going to do so with this car...I've also been looking into the dsm link, but don't have enough knowledge on that system...I'll be looking around town for fellow dsm's for opinions.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:20 AM   #5
gvr4dsmer
Super DSMtalker

710/1000
gvr4dsmer's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91slowgst
I've used the aem ems systems before on a few other cars (93 honda hatch, 91 turbo II rx7, and tried to do so w/ a volvo ). Each time I've have taken it out and put a mega squirt ems system in. I am going to do so with this car...I've also been looking into the dsm link, but don't have enough knowledge on that system...I'll be looking around town for fellow dsm's for opinions.
As long as you're familiar with megasquirt then sell the Aem for $1200 and further mod the car plus megasquirt. It's a wonderful system and seem's to be just as fast and capable as the Ems, it will be in use by myself as well soon...

Sam
gvr4dsmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:26 AM   #6
91slowgst
New DSMtalker

91slowgst's Gallery

I'll be dropping the aem in to my 91 miata next week, I've got most of the my parts to start building the mega squirt system. Just got do a little more researching and I will be installing it on next wed (of course if everything goes as planned).
Old 01-04-2007, 05:29 AM   #7
1990 Dsm Gsx
Ultra DSMtalker

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
1990 Dsm Gsx's Gallery

Very Clean 1g. I just seen the picture.
Advertisement