DSM has been stored for a while, now what?! - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > New User Reading Area > Newbies Forum

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
RallyEclipse98
DSMtalker

Eclipse
RallyEclipse98's Gallery
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
DSM has been stored for a while, now what?!

Well the Eclipse (NT) has been stored for approx. 7 months. The reason for this thread is because I didn't do all the proper storage procedures since I didn't intend to be in sorage that long. My question now is what to do before I get back on the road? I stored it with a not quite all the way full gas tank, e brake on, in neutral. My thoughts were bad gas, drained battery, and possibly brakes stuck.

So are there any procedures for cranking the engine over after so long? Also, what car cover do you guys reccomend? I've searched (just so someone doesn't ask that because I'm still a noob over here.) Thanks!

Last edited by RallyEclipse98; 06-05-2007 at 08:15 PM. Reason: had to put the non-turbo part in ;)
RallyEclipse98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2007, 04:10 AM   #2
aphex412
New DSMtalker

1992 Eagle Talon N/t
aphex412's Gallery
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Re: DSM has been stored for a while, now what?!

The first thing i would do is to pull the MPI fuse and crank it over a few times just to get the oil circulated again. I would also check the condition of the rotors and pads. The gas would be the only thing i would really worry about but i think it will good enough to get it running again
aphex412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement