DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

MistGSX build and the blueprints.

6K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  GSX_1988 
#1 ·
Well I have building my car sense the beginning of the last year. Had many plans still do but finally started working six days a week sometimes 12 hours a day up to four days a week. Meaning big bucks. Anyways here are couple things that I have and planning on getting in very near future. All input and suggestions are very welcome. Don't be to harsh please.

Mod list:

-20g machined to fit GT35r compressor wheel, and heave duty trust bearing for higher boost applications.
-HKS 40mm External wastegate. (22.8 PSI spring also dumped to atmosphere)
-HKS 272s.
-HKS turbo back 3" exhaust.
-ACT 2600 six puck clutch.
-Fidanza light flywheel.
-Evo 9 Springs and retainers.
-Aftermarket Exhaust Manifold.
-Tial 50mm BOV.
-Big FMIC.
-3" IC piping from turbo to TB.
-Greddy timing belt.
-Fuel Lab AFPR.
-AEM high flow fuel rail.
-1g Head
-1g TB
-1g IM
-AEM UEGO wideband
-ECMLink
-EProm ECU.
-Halmen MBC.
-12BAR vacuum lines. (125PSI)
-All SS steel lines. (Oil feed, coolant return, coolant feed, and fuel feed after fuel filter so far.)
-6 bolt block.
-Red top battery.
-1050cc injectors.
-Ported O2 Housing.
-ARP head studs.
-Cometic HG.
-Prosport gauges.
-AEM twin fire ignition module.
-NGK's of course.
-Nology spark plug wires.

-Planing on getting sheps transmission after everything else goes in and is paid off.

Block story:
Engine internals are JE forged pistons, Eagle H-beam connecting rods, Clevite-77 coated main and rod bearings, ARP main and head studs, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, ACT 2600 lb pressure plate w/ 6-puck clutch disk, and balance shaft elimination kit. All new parts, professionally machined and assembled; internally balanced and blueprinted with fresh line hone.

Quick test a last year with only upgrade 16g turbo and couple other supporting mods.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL2lSFt0IzQ

Start up after last build and with couple mods listed above. (Sorry for my brother being a dummy)
P.S. Sounds much better with surround sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dslUPZ9YKn4

Some pictures below.

Car pictures are located in my gallery.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

~Bojan

See less See more
#2 ·
#16 ·
it's looking good

#17 ·
Started her up today idled just fine.

Then I started putting some coolant in it and all the sudden coolant started like boiling for couple seconds and then it was like gone?

After that car started stuttering and wont stay running unless I have the throttle on a little bit.. Any ideas?

#18 · (Edited)
Damn those pictures are huge lol.. Very nice looking build though!

First I would recirculate the bov if you haven't already, "I just realized your not running the 2g mas lol.. but is there a plug in the intake? From the video it looks like you probably have some serious boost leaks! Make sure ALL boost leaks are fixed. As far as the IM vacuum lines, just cap them off.

Also did you adjust the timing with a timing light yet? You were using a 1g head and cas right?

Oh and about the coolant, so you filled it all the way up and its not leaking but its dissapering? Is this whats happening?

#19 ·
I got a 2g mas and I got an APEXI in atm.

I also got 272 cams in it (HKS)
I got the whole 1g longblock.
So you say cap off the lines from IM? What about the TB? there are four, also what about the three sensors? two of them have 2 lines leading from and the other1 has 1? Like EGR and what not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.