AGS PolyArmour hard brake line for fuel AN - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > DSM Tech Central > General DSM Tech and Tuning

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Deusxmachina
Super DSMtalker

'92 Talon AWD
Deusxmachina's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
AGS PolyArmour hard brake line for fuel AN

91 AWD. I started to replace all the brake lines on my car and then figured may as well do the fuel lines, too.

I was looking at using either some kind of Push-loc or maybe aluminum line. But now considering the bendy steel line typically used for brakes. The AGS PolyArmour stuff sold at all the major auto stores. For whatever reason, I don't see this stuff being talked about for fuel line replacement much on car forums, and I'm wondering why. It's bendable, cheap, corrosion-resistant, comes in variable lengths with fittings on it, and can handle 1000s of psi.

I'm thinking of using a 14mm x 1.5 to 3/8" SAE/NPT adapter at the pump to fit the 3/8" PolyArmour hard line with American thread. If no one makes that, which looks to be the case, then instead use a 14mm to a -6 AN adapter, then to a -6 AN to 3/8" adapter, then to the 3/8" line (5/16" fitting?) AGS hard line.

Then run the hard line to the filter. Using the stock one would need another 14mm x 1.5 to 3/8" line (5/16" fitting?), or two adapters again. OR use an aftermarket -6 AN filter and would then need the adapter(s) for that.

The fuel filter to rail line is still stock, so I'd probably get a rail-to-AN adapter and then just grab a pre-made 2' braided SS line, or Push-loc or similar, to connect it to an aftermarket filter if I went that route, or with a 12mm x 1.25 adapter if I used the stock fuel filter. Not too worried about it either way, just mainly trying to figure out the hard line from and to the fuel pump problem.

My main questions are:
1) Is there a reason I don't see people using the PolyArmour steel line more for fuel?
2) What adapter do I need to connect the 3/8" PolyArmour/AGS hard line to the 14m to -6 AN adapter fitting I have to use at the pump? What exact kind of adapter do I need to connect a -6 AN fitting to this:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=216499_0_0_

I figured I'd also post this since it took a bit of searching to find a consensus on what adapter fittings you need at the pump and stock filter. Unless someone says otherwise, they are apparently 14mm x 1.5 at the pump and bottom of the filter, and 12mm x 1.25 is the top of the filter at the banjo bolt.
Deusxmachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #2
spydergotboost
New DSMtalker

97 Spyder GSX
spydergotboost's Gallery
Re: AGS PolyArmour hard brake line for fuel AN

maybe the reason it isnt used is the compatability issues you are running into now.
spydergotboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
Deusxmachina
Super DSMtalker

'92 Talon AWD
Deusxmachina's Gallery
Re: AGS PolyArmour hard brake line for fuel AN

I don't see how since if someone can put their own fittings on 25' of aluminum line, I assume they can put their own fittings on 25' of PolyArmour line, and the PA is stronger. I'm seeing if I can use the stuff with the factory fittings, though.

I don't know if the stuff is just too new or what. When searching multiple DSM site forums, I don't think I saw a single post mentioning PolyArmour, even in brake line threads. One or two posts mentioned SUR&R bendable steel line, but that was it.
Deusxmachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement