DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

97+ Spoiler on 96

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  greenstreak 
#1 ·
I want to put a 97+ spoiler on my 96, and ofcourse, in the process, remove my 96 spoiler

Are there any complications? has anyone done this? what should i do to accomplish this/

all comments are welcome

Omar

#3 ·
You are talking about Eclipse right? 95-96 is a 3 piece,
and I think 97 just mounts on the trunk. I wonder how it would look like if you just remove the 96 center piece but not the side and just stick the 97 wing there :)

Just trying to save you $$ from painting/filling 2 side panels :)

#5 ·
I'm talking about my TALON...sorry

Anyways...i dont think the spoiler even touches the quarter panels...just the hatch part. And the 97+ one also only touches the hatch part.

Can anyone give me an estimate on the bodyshop/paint work? I probably wont tackle the project if it gets too pricey.

I really appreciate this discussion, these forums are great

Omar

#8 ·
The 97 front itself won't cost you that much (especially if you can find one matching the color). Now considering the 95-96 head lights don't fit that cover; now you're talking $$$$$.

Btw, I saw a 95-96 eclipse with the 97+ turbo spoiler...for some just didn't look right without the 97+ back bumper cover...

I've been toying with the idea (which is probably what it will remain..an idea) of putting the high rise on my Spyder, but I'm worried it will look weird with the top down...anyone seen this done?

Cheers,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.