no start 1gb - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > DSM Tech Central > Help! Tech

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
issac712
Super DSMtalker

1g/93
issac712's Gallery
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
no start 1gb

Hey guys, so to start off, i did read help to diagnose a no start on tuners, and Google searched and now i am at a lost.
Timing is right, all intake manifold vaccumm bungs have either been used or blocked off.( deleted emmsions). I also have fuel and spark, good gas, spark plugs are in decent shape but not gapped 2 spec. Only 2 things not done right is my exhaust mani has no gasket to the head, and no bolts holding my valve cover down. Both should be here 2marrow but couldn't wait that long.
Does any1 have any ideas. Idk if the cas is set right, but i can double check.
issac712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
Rockemum
Hardcore DSMtalker

96 spyder gs+X
Rockemum's Gallery
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Re: no start 1gb

I would wait to start it, but common things are resistor box and isc plugs can be switched, maf unplugged, cas 180 out, spark plug wires wrong, and for a new motor or one that's been sitting, it might take a minute to fire up. Tons of things could be wrong, its tough to say. There's a no start flow chart on this forum somewhere... its VERY easy to diagnose this way.

96 spyder gs 4g63. AWD turbo swap.
88 conquest tsi. 14b. Free mods
04 silverado z-71 . Ohh wee....
Rockemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
J_DiZ
Hardcore DSMtalker

1990 Talon Tsi AWD
J_DiZ's Gallery
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Yea, I would not start it without the valve cover bolts unless you want oil everywhere. Other than that like stated above, there is a thread on here about no start.
J_DiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
cupa-joe
Ultra DSMtalker

Galant Vr-4
cupa-joe's Gallery

Here's that thread they are talking about. http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169116

Also one thing I didn't see mentioned was engine grounds. Make sure there all hooked up.
cupa-joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
issac712
Super DSMtalker

1g/93
issac712's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupa-joe View Post
Here's that thread they are talking about. http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169116

Also one thing I didn't see mentioned was engine grounds. Make sure there all hooked up.
i think tuners had a no-start thread which i've been using. Forgot to update, sorry guys lol. We figured out I had fuel, but no spark (think my coil pack is bad) Pulled the plugs when it was a little dark outside and didn't see any kinda arcs or anything, so I'm ordering one today. I'll keep u guys posted if the new one works.

forgot to add, that the valve cover and exhaust manifold are both installed.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
issac712
Super DSMtalker

1g/93
issac712's Gallery

So think i found my problem. Those 2 red and black wires that go to my coilpack are torn, idk how but they are. Never really tried soldering wires before so i guess ill be trying that this weekand
Old 11-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
DSM Rook

Eagle Talon TSi 90
DSM Rook's Gallery
Feedback Score: 30 reviews

Who did that, I will get them! Seriously, WTF is going on with that harness. Why are those stupid crimp lock ghetto connectors on some of the wires?

You may have a hard time soldering those wires. They are going to be dirty (the copper) And the solder will have a hard time sticking, even with flux. If you have any quality part stores or Radio Shack, I would see if they have butt connectors with the heat shrink weather tight stuff on them. Then pick up a decent pair of crimpers and attach them that way. Clean up that other crap and make sure the wires get covered.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
TSIAWD97
New DSMtalker

'97 Talon TSI AWD
TSIAWD97's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I recommend the heat shrink connectors as well. Very easy to use as long as you have strippers a crimp tool and a lighter. It is the only thing I have seen last for awhile on over the road trucks and trailers.
TSIAWD97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
issac712
Super DSMtalker

1g/93
issac712's Gallery

So I've bought new clamps, and put the yellows/green wires with the black, and the red wires both into that black/white wire. Still no spark.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
15psi88
Hardcore DSMtalker

91' Gvr4
15psi88's Gallery
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

You need to find someone local to physically help you.
15psi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #11
issac712
Super DSMtalker

1g/93
issac712's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15psi88 View Post
You need to find someone local to physically help you.
I know, but don't have a lot of car smart friends. Really, this forum is my only help.
But what am i doing wrong? I can post more pics when I'm off from work
Old 11-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
issac712
Super DSMtalker

1g/93
issac712's Gallery

Ok, here's what i got. The yellow/black , yellow/green , black/white wires are from my coilpack connecter. The 2 red and red/black wires are from the nology ampfliers, checked Google and the wires colors dont match. http://www.nology.com/images/powercoreinsteclipse.gif.

But this is pretty much what it looks like with all the duck rape removed.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:44 AM   #13
DSM Rook

Eagle Talon TSi 90
DSM Rook's Gallery
Feedback Score: 30 reviews

Have you tried not connecting your amps, having the wiring stock to see if the car fires? Not sure if I've seen you say that you've tried to get the car running with the stock components?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #14
issac712
Super DSMtalker

1g/93
issac712's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM Rook View Post
Have you tried not connecting your amps, having the wiring stock to see if the car fires? Not sure if I've seen you say that you've tried to get the car running with the stock components?
To be honest, when i bought the car, these were already installed. I don't even know what the stock components are or what they look. I'm not really exp. In electrical stuff, so I'm kinda at a lost. But as far as everything else in that harness works. Just these coil wires that need fixing. Idk if u can see, but there's a lot of small spilts in those wires from me trying to semi guess which wire goes were with those blue crimps.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #15
Rockemum
Hardcore DSMtalker

96 spyder gs+X
Rockemum's Gallery
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

The coil plug should come from the injector area, shouldn't it? I would try and verify the transistor wiring is unmolested, and run to a junkyard and get that plug, cut as far back on the harness that you can. Note it's location and install that instead.

I may have misread the current issue, forgive me I'm sleepy.

96 spyder gs 4g63. AWD turbo swap.
88 conquest tsi. 14b. Free mods
04 silverado z-71 . Ohh wee....
Rockemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement