Couple new pics - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > DSM Tech Central > Body Tech and Appearance

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
Ripper_XX
Ultra DSMtalker

Eagle Talon TSi 1990
Ripper_XX's Gallery
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Couple new pics

So I finally got my FD wheels mounted. Soo now just some new end links, install the Jay Racing rear toe eliminators I have had around for like 4 years now and get some new rear tires (odd tread wear from previous owner) and I think i'll just about be done with suspension stuff.

I was conflicted on if I should paint the wheels silver or graphite. It pretty much came down to a coin toss so after I stripped the ugly flat black paint the previous owner sprayed them with, VHT Graphite Gray went on. Add some Ichibia 5mm spacers and Autozone Chinese Dorman black lug nuts, grind the rear trailing arms, bolt on wheels, notice I should have ground more, remove wheels grind some more, repeat this process a couple times, finally call it good, then fail to notice the stupid stud sticking out on the side of my KYB AGX struts on the front and how they are just barely clearing the inside of the wheel...resulting in the stud tearing off the inside wheel weights. Get more frustrated but have the day saved by your old man which had some stick on flat weights to replace them with once I took the grinder to those stupid studs and WALA heres what you have.

I'm hoping for some sun tomorrow for better pics. She's finally starting to look like what I want her too after so many years! I have some cheap black "racing seats" I'm thinking about installing just because there's much more bolstering on the sides....yea I think I might try to install those seats since i'm on such a limited budget (Unemployment will do that to you)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Last edited by Ripper_XX; 12-07-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Ripper_XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
ys0blupandab3ar
Super DSMtalker

91 TALON AWD DUMPER
ys0blupandab3ar's Gallery
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Re: Couple new pics

Looks good man very clean!
ys0blupandab3ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
BISHILVR
Elite DSMtalker

MITSUBISHI GST 1999
BISHILVR's Gallery
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Very racey looking, good stuff!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
Ripper_XX
Ultra DSMtalker

Eagle Talon TSi 1990
Ripper_XX's Gallery

One more

Seeing it actually starting to look like I want is bringing up my motivation for messing with it a lot more. I think I will try to install the seats I got for it in the next couple days and maybe try to rewire the little Walbro 190 fuel pump. I'm pretty sure it needs it lol.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis
Old 12-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
DSM Rook

Eagle Talon TSi 90
DSM Rook's Gallery
Feedback Score: 30 reviews

Needs more low I do really like those wheels. Wish they had them in a 17".
Old 12-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
Ripper_XX
Ultra DSMtalker

Eagle Talon TSi 1990
Ripper_XX's Gallery

Well, it has been lowered with Eibach Prokit springs w/KYB AGX struts. But to go any lower costs an arm and a leg to do it . I wish an aftermarket manufacture would make a VERY similar design in say a 17" wheel with the right offset so you could just bolt them on without spacers and grinding. *shrug* but you know the saying wish in one hand and, well you know the rest.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
courtney28
New DSMtalker

AWD Talon 96
courtney28's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

A little lower would set it off. Looks clean though!
courtney28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:15 AM   #8
hamzahadi007
New DSMtalker

Nissan Maxima/se/2006
hamzahadi007's Gallery

Looking good bro. I just think bigger wheels and fatter tires will do the trick! Still looks clean
hamzahadi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #9
burkgonzo
Ultra DSMtalker

92 Talon Tsi
burkgonzo's Gallery
Feedback Score: 28 reviews

One of the CLEANEST 1g cars in the game!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #10
Ripper_XX
Ultra DSMtalker

Eagle Talon TSi 1990
Ripper_XX's Gallery

Dang, that means a lot Burkgonzo, thank you..... Maybe i'll have to submit pics of it for next years calender.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #11
courtney28
New DSMtalker

AWD Talon 96
courtney28's Gallery

O yea. Dont see many clean 1g cars. Thanks for sharing
courtney28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #12
burkgonzo
Ultra DSMtalker

92 Talon Tsi
burkgonzo's Gallery
Feedback Score: 28 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper_XX View Post
Dang, that means a lot Burkgonzo, thank you..... Maybe i'll have to submit pics of it for next years calender.
No problem man, also being that I've seen this car in person goes in to that statement.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #13
tveljano
Super DSMtalker

1997 Eclipse GSX
tveljano's Gallery
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Looks amazing for a Zero income budget! haha I'm currently there but not for much longer. Hopefully my 2g will look this clean in the coming months!

Stock 97 GSX

-Tim
tveljano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #14
Ripper_XX
Ultra DSMtalker

Eagle Talon TSi 1990
Ripper_XX's Gallery

Trust me, it's been a LOOOONG time getting to this point.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #15
trigger1
New DSMtalker

Eagle Talon 1997
trigger1's Gallery

Sharp looking car!
trigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement