More coilover questions - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > DSM Tech Central > Suspension and Handling Tech

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-19-2000, 06:38 PM   #1
NOSLO2PT0
DSMtalker

90 Laser, 12.80@109
NOSLO2PT0's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've been reading the posts about coilovers. I think it's gonna be one of my next mods over the winter. I've heard good things about GC's coilover spring kit, and now i've heard about DSS's coilover kit.

I have a few questions about the various kits out there. Is the DSS kit for $400 (or maybe $500)just the coilover spring kit?? Do we need to buy shocks separately? I would think so, since the GC's are $400 as well. What makes the DSS coilover kit better than the GC's? What makes one coilover better than another, for that matter?

I've seen coilover kits selling for as low as $149 in some of the rice ads in Super Street. Why are they so low??

I don't plan on doing much auto-x'ing. My main concern is 1/4 mi. drag racing and i'm mostly concerned about adjustable shocks for minimal weight transer during launch. Would I be better off with just a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs, or would coilovers just be overkill??

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
1990 Eclipse GSX
14.2@93 $25 in mods!! Gotta love it.
1992 Laser AWD
$750 POS

NOSLO2PT0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement