Three wires on new fogs, now what? - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > DSM Tech Central > Audio Tech

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-30-2001, 08:54 AM   #1
thetalonguy
Hardcore DSMtalker

90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
thetalonguy's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey whatsup, well I finally got the time this morning to remove the stock fog lights. It went pretty smooth, just took away to get the bolts off.
Well I bought a pair of new 3A hyperwhite fogs. They are pretty small and they are very bright, They have two lights in both of them. A white and blue. So i take them out of the box and there are 3 wires hanging out. A black, a white, and a blue. I figuring the black is the ground and white is power, but the blue wire is that a power wire too? It goes to the blue light. I want to use the already existing wiring that my old set used. But they used only two wires, a red and a black. Could I splice the blue wire into the white wire? Then cut the old connecter switch off the stock fogs and then wire the white wire with the blue spliced in and black wire to that old fog connector switch? Then just plug them back in to the old wiring female switch? Also would this create too much voltage and short things out because now the power wire is used to light two different lights. Any input would be cool
I know this is a little bit confusing, if you need futher explanatin tell me.
Thanks
thetalonguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2001, 10:05 AM   #2
soundfx
DSMtalker

91 talon tsi awd
soundfx's Gallery
i think it would be safe to hook the white and blue wire up in parellel together to the power, one for the passenger side and one for the drivers side, but they might not be a bright. You could hook up another relay and switch so you could switch between the blue and the white lights, then you would get full brightness of the two bulbs.

[Edited by soundfx on 09-30-2001 at 12:07 PM]
17" eagle alloy series 193 with kumho supra 225/45

soundfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 10:11 AM   #3
thetalonguy
Hardcore DSMtalker

90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
thetalonguy's Gallery
Do you mean, the two white wires to one power and the blues to the other power. BC I wanted to just to cut off the fog male end on the stock fog and put the two powers(Blue and white)together on each side.
Thanks for the info. Im just worried that I am going to short sometin. The new fogs are 55W, another question, if i do short sometin will it just short a foglight fuse or sometin more important like the alternator or so
Thanks
thetalonguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement