Bass Thumps when i hit the brakes and turn on lights WTF? - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > DSM Tech Central > Audio Tech

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-09-2001, 08:36 AM   #1
LORDPAXIN

92'(nt) '91 (TSi AWD)<-
LORDPAXIN's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok, i got into a little rough gound, like really bad and i guess i knocked my stuff around a bit. amp and subs
and now, it dont work, i checked all connections to amp and Xover, and it all checks out,
but get this, i hav elike 1/4 of the power i had, and when i hit the brake, or turn on lights, or use any kinda electrical switch of any kind my bass hits real hard in the like ness of its past Dcbl glroy, any ideas?
i am thinking that my power or remote wire is mashed into something else's wire, hm
LORDPAXIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2001, 03:47 AM   #2
reptiles
DSMtalker

92 Talon AWD 5 speed
reptiles's Gallery
Lightbulb power

It sure sounds like a power problem. Since your system was working well with the components (wire/connectors) you have, logic would suggest that the change is related to one of two things: 1) ground connections or 2) positive power supply.

Generally the amp "on" signal is very low power and wouldn't be affected by the voltage drop when you apply the brakes or turn on the lights, etc.

You should check everything for a good solid mechanical connection; good electrical connections --at the battery, fuse, distribution block(s). Feel for any unusual heat in these devices... a marginal connection will often heat up a bad connection (but not always.)

The ground to the amp(s) should be the same gauge as the power cable.

Good luck!

Regards,
Mark http://PhillyDSM.com
reptiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 11:25 AM   #3
LORDPAXIN

92'(nt) '91 (TSi AWD)<-
LORDPAXIN's Gallery
thanks man

I was gigglin wires around in there, and it shocked the piss out o me, lol, but i think i got it nailed!~
LORDPAXIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement