GREEN timeslips Please!! - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > Parts/Vendor Discussion Area > Parts Talk

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 07:22 PM   #1
NicktheQuick

Talon Tsi AWD 1992
NicktheQuick's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was wondering what times and speed have people run on the green.

Please list- et. Mph and mods

THANKS. Later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2001, 01:07 AM   #2
Nick 92 TSi AWD
Ultra DSMtalker

75 Colt/Galant
Nick 92 TSi AWD's Gallery
FP is making a page of times people have run on all their turbos. Just wait.

Kurt (goes, er went, by slow 90 on nabr) ran a 11.7 at around 133mph with a green, that's the best to date. I don't know all his mods, but it's not a huge list. The usual supporting things (cams, FMIC, blah blah). A couple interesting points:
He ran that on his 100,xxx plus engine with only 120psi compression across the board
His only tuning tools were a blaha hacked mas and a afc
3575 times soon
Old 12-16-2001, 12:38 PM   #3
4G63Rydah
Elite DSMtalker

95 TSi AWD
4G63Rydah's Gallery
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick 92 TSi AWD
Kurt (goes, er went, by slow 90 on nabr) ran a 11.7 at around 133mph with a green, that's the best to date.
Umm, you mean 10.7 not 11.7 Also, why do you say "went" by Slow90? Did he leave the board?
Old 12-16-2001, 12:43 PM   #4
davejcb
Super DSMtalker

1991 TSi AWD
davejcb's Gallery
Yeah, I was about to say that'd be a lameass ET for such a high MPH...

"Food goes in here" - Homer
Old 12-17-2001, 01:22 AM   #5
Nick 92 TSi AWD
Ultra DSMtalker

75 Colt/Galant
Nick 92 TSi AWD's Gallery
Yes I did, typo. No he still posts on there, but the board wasn't there........if you were a member there you'd know.

Anyway here's some times for a variety of FP turbos:

Loren Jacobs
11.53 @ 125.17
River City Raceway, TX
10/21/01
FP Green Model

Mike Clark
11.70 @ 117.7mph
Joiliet, IL
September 22, 2001
FP T3/T4

Jeremy Brandt
12.58 @ 108.1mph
Earlville, IA
September 16, 2001
FP T-28 (old style)

15psi (shut up!!) pump gas, 30+cts knock, 11deg advance, badly untuned!!
1.75 60'
12.1@112mph
Gainesville Raceway, 11/18/01
'92 TSi FWD 3030# w/driver.
FP Green
keith
tractionless

(kurt)
Best on the Green last year 10.76@130.81, best mph was 132, both at Maple Grove. Also ran the FP big "16g" on the FWD, of course a shit spinning et, first time out went 12.5@126, stock cams, 550's and little 150lph fuel pump, that little turbo will go 130+ with ease on a well prepared car even on a bad day. I will be looking for big MPH #'s out of these RED's next year on both cars thanks to J-Shepherd built motors and transmissions and BJ's cylinder head service.

Andre C. ran 12.0@118 on 20psi pumpgas with his green, and put down 401hp to the wheels.

3575 times soon
Old 12-17-2001, 05:25 AM   #6
NINJA7
Super DSMtalker

93 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
NINJA7's Gallery
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick 92 TSi AWD
Yes I did, typo. No he still posts on there, but the board wasn't there........if you were a member there you'd know.
Off topic: What has happened to the NABR site Nick, I tried to access the site but to no avail. I thought I was banned so I said forget them .

On Topic: I think those times are impressive, but I also think that with the right setup of the L-3 Mutt those times can be achieved. (I know that were are doing a comparison here so don't tell me not to mention anything about the "Mutt" ) I think next race season we will back up our mutt in an impressive show of what a Mutt is capable of doing.
93 AWD TS1 (MUTT TO BE) Sold!
13.2@101mph 60ft=1.74 w/17psi+110oct on 14B

For the ultimate in Power and Performance see Jesus
Old 12-17-2001, 08:04 AM   #7
davejcb
Super DSMtalker

1991 TSi AWD
davejcb's Gallery
Quote:
Off topic: What has happened to the NABR site Nick, I tried to access the site but to no avail. I thought I was banned so I said forget them
What happened is they got rid of all FNGs, and now to register you have to basically grobble to get in... I sent in their stupid letter, and RiceFed's lame response was "Hey Ottawa can't be your real city, send it back with your real city!!!"... So I said I'm in Ottawa, and the dumbass never responded. Fuck that shit.

Old 12-17-2001, 08:46 AM   #8
16g-95GSX
Elite DSMtalker

1995 Eclipse GSX
16g-95GSX's Gallery
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Would it basically be a requirement on a well tuned Green turbo'd car to have a built tranny? I have been thinking of the possibility of having a Green turbo next summer, my goals are an 11 second slip, but the tranny is the one thing that's holding me back. I have thought about alot of options and it just seems from all the comments the green turbo is one of the best you can choose for a street car.
HTA3582R, Crower/Ross/ARP Bottom End, L19 head studs, Fox Lake CNC ported head, FP4R cams, PI 9.5" billet torque converter, kiggly front clutch, 4-spider center diff, custom surge tank with dual 044 pumps, 8x RC 1200cc's, SBR FMIC, and the list goes on.

"Higher on the food chain"
Old 12-17-2001, 08:52 AM   #9
99mmcgsx
Honorary Moderator

04 WRX 99 GSX 92 GVR4
99mmcgsx's Gallery
I can't find it anywhere on the fp site....what is the price of the green model?

Thanks...
J
Old 12-17-2001, 10:06 AM   #10
davejcb
Super DSMtalker

1991 TSi AWD
davejcb's Gallery
Go to http://www.turbotrix.com, it's on there, it's 1275$ US.

Old 12-17-2001, 12:22 PM   #11
16g-95GSX
Elite DSMtalker

1995 Eclipse GSX
16g-95GSX's Gallery
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
But would that price be the same if you chose to go with the internal gate option?

By the way on Dsmtrader.com someone is selling 2 FP greens brand new for 1100 each. Just in case anyone here was interested, I saw them yesterday just searching. Someone on this board told me that his friend was listing them so I checked it out. They also had new 20g's for 750 if I'm not mistaken, not bad for brand new and I think they were even ported by some place, maybe they were all from FP but I can't remember exactly.
HTA3582R, Crower/Ross/ARP Bottom End, L19 head studs, Fox Lake CNC ported head, FP4R cams, PI 9.5" billet torque converter, kiggly front clutch, 4-spider center diff, custom surge tank with dual 044 pumps, 8x RC 1200cc's, SBR FMIC, and the list goes on.

"Higher on the food chain"
Old 12-17-2001, 03:18 PM   #12
NicktheQuick

Talon Tsi AWD 1992
NicktheQuick's Gallery
Come on there are only two people running green turbos out there??? Loren's car is a oddity.. I want to now real cars!!

Also the ad on the trader says they will have Big T-28s soon also. I wonder how cheap???

I think Rob overcharges for his turbos. Almost any turbo shop could make them..
Old 12-17-2001, 03:26 PM   #13
BoostedFWD
Super DSMtalker

1990 Eagle Talon
BoostedFWD's Gallery
Bahahaha .... 12.5 at 126mph!!! On just a big 16G?? That's Fu**ing INSANE. Imagine the highway performance..
Old 12-17-2001, 05:17 PM   #14
forcedperf
New DSMtalker

91 GSX
forcedperf's Gallery
bootleg Nick

Nick claims to have some of our turbos for sale. He does not. I don't know what they are but they didn't come from me.

There has been WAY to much weight put on turbochargers by the new guys. A turbo doesnt make you go fast, your ENTIRE setup makes you go fast. This is why a simple big28 can go faster than a MF45ETE56-476 L2 birmingham style turbo.

I have never read soooo much crap in my life as some of the hype pushed out of every pore that these guys can find. It's a simple receipe, you think of the turbo, you build the turbo, you thoroughly test the turbo at the track and on the dyno, you sell 5 or so to see if the public can get the same results you did, THEN it goes on the website, THEN you tell the world about it. Not hype it, hype it, make fake DSMtalk accounts to hype it some more, put it on your page, sell them and then findout later that the wheels need to be changed. Look around guys- it's easy to see who is good at what they do and who is NOT.

Nick is a newbie, like a lot of guys out there. That's cool, I was a newbie once as well. But I never spoke up to try to steal business from someone who was making DSM's go fast years before I even got involved.

Everyone who thinks its uncool to copy my setups and sell knock offs w/o warranty on the parts trader please speak up and tell this guy where to go. As a respected businessman I cannot.

As far as building it cheaper, they tried and they couldn't.

If it doesn't come from us or one of the FEW approved vendors and doesnt have our stamp on it then don't say its ours because it's not.

And while I'm at it, dont say yours is as good as mine unless you can freakin back your big talk up with some timeslips.

Old 12-17-2001, 06:39 PM   #15
4G63Rydah
Elite DSMtalker

95 TSi AWD
4G63Rydah's Gallery
Quote:
Originally posted by NicktheQuick
I think Rob overcharges for his turbos.
I think the prices that Rob charges are VERY reasonable. Even your precious DSM-Performance charges more than he does. So you can't claim he's too expensive.

Quote:
Originally posted by NicktheQuick
Almost any turbo shop could make them..
Any idiot can put X housing on Y wheel and call it a turbo, but it doesn't mean that a) the machining/assembly will be of good quality and b) that the turbo will perform good. I mean come on, if DSM-Performance hasn't already proven (with the old Mutts and new ones) what idiots are capable of then I don't know what the hell it'll take to prove it to you.

One thing that I've wanted to know is what you're relationship is with DSM-Performance that you are willing to so BLINDLY support them even though they don't have a shred of proof to back up their claims? The way I figure it you're either 1) the shop-whore 2) the owner's boyfriend or 3) one of the employees "in disguise".

Buschur, FP, and Magnus Motorsports (as well as other shops) have all proven themselves many times in our "community" and they continue to do so. Not just with the performance of their turbos, but also with the quality of their worksmanship. Above all that, Robert and Marco both have tremendous reputations for going above and beyond "the call of duty" in making sure to do the right thing and have therefore been rewarded with a loyal backing of customers. Therefore there is no need for them to prove themselves to anyone, ESPECIALLY not to YOU.

If any shop around here needs to prove themselves it is hands-down, without a doubt DSM-Performance. They make nothing but empty claims without providing a single shred of proof to back up those claims. I have NEVER, not once, heard first-hand (or "through the grapevine") of Marco or Robert making a claim about their product/service that hasn't been proven previously. To this day I have STILL not heard of a single shred of proof being provided by DSM-Performance to back up the plethera of claims that they have made.

Just my buck fifty.

P.S. If all of a sudden someone changes the name of shit to "summer blossom" it doesn't change the fact that it is still excrement, nor does it all of a sudden change the way it smells. That's why the ETE/MF1 (whatever) is still the Mutt in my eyes, and DSM-Performance is still the DSM Shop in my eyes.
Advertisement

Closed Thread