WeaponR and KYB AGX - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > DSM Tech Central > Suspension and Handling Tech

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-22-2000, 01:41 PM   #1
GSTRFWD

Talon/TSI/1992
GSTRFWD's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey,
Can anyone give me the low down on the new WeaponR Coil Overs. I heard that they ride almost like stock. I hope that is true. Also I have KYB AGX and well i've heard that they really blow ass. I agree, but what is a good alternative. Is there another Type of AGX out there that works, or should i just get an non AGX.
Thanks
GSTRFWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2000, 11:58 PM   #2
BMPsGSX
DSMtalker

BMPsGSX's Gallery
the AGX's suck?? I heard they were pretty good, especially for the street; not too rough. Let me know why they suck cause i was thinkin of gettin em. I have the tokicos and they suck! I even think that is the main reason i crashed my car; there isnt enough dampening

Sold my baby, but now thinking of buying another DSM.....

What the hell is wrong with me???

BMPsGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2000, 12:11 AM   #3
DSMmania
Super DSMtalker

97 GSX Spyder
DSMmania's Gallery
I have friends with the KYB AGX and the Tokico handling package, both set ups on DSM's and both are in love with them. They are daily driven, and I'm yet to hear a complaint. I didn't know anything about the coil overs though.

Curt
Old 12-23-2000, 02:09 AM   #4
NOSLO2PT0
DSMtalker

90 Laser, 12.80@109
NOSLO2PT0's Gallery
I've been researching suspension mods for a while now as they might be my next major purchase. The general consensus is that the KYB AGX's are the best adjustable shocks for the 1G, while the Tokico Illuminas are great for the 2G (not available for 1G). As for the coilover kits, GC's allow you to lower your car the most and look nicest, while the DSS (www.diamondstarspecialties.com) kit is the sturdiest and best quality kit out there.
As for the WeaponR kit, I have heard nothing but BAD things about them. Very low quality items there, hence the <$200 price, compared to $400 for GC's and DSS kits. When it comes to coilovers, you usually get what you pay for.

If you have the KYB AGX, why do you worry about what OTHER people think of them?? How do YOU like them?? Do you think they blow ass or just thinking that cuz someone else had a bad experience? I understand you might not have anything to compare the AGX's to, but look at the general consensus as a whole, and see what they have to say about them. Also, use your own judgement.

Oh, and if you don't like the AGX, I'll take em off ur hands!! lol

Mike
1990 Eclipse GSX
14.2@93 $25 in mods!! Gotta love it.
1992 Laser AWD
$750 POS

NOSLO2PT0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2000, 08:26 AM   #5
GSTRFWD

Talon/TSI/1992
GSTRFWD's Gallery
Thanks for the replies. Anyways NOSLO2PT0
if you want to buy them you can. I'm thinking about selling them after i get new coil overs.
GSTRFWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2000, 12:38 AM   #6
Nick 92 TSi AWD
Ultra DSMtalker

75 Colt/Galant
Nick 92 TSi AWD's Gallery
Unhappy KYBs are BAAAAD for lowering a 2G

I thought I had told everyone about the problems with 2G KYBs (GR2, AGX, and GABs). I'm tired of saying this over and over again so it's going to be short:

KYB f#@%ed up the placement of the spring perches and made them longer than stock. As we all know 2Gs barely have enough compression travel stock, add a longer spring that reduces compression travel with lowering springs and it's bad news. You'll really get to know your bumpstops.
3575 times soon
Nick 92 TSi AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement