HotWheels anyone? are these worth money? - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > Other Stuff > Lounge

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-02-2002, 04:45 PM   #1
flubyux2
Ultra DSMtalker

92 GST 6-bolt
flubyux2's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HotWheels anyone? are these worth money?

i was talking to some of my friends at the local speed shop, and they are into hot wheels, and collecting them.

i can understand it, cuz some of them are pretty cool. but i also understand some of them go up and value.

i just went to walmart and picked out 3:

1.Lexus SC400, yellow w/ graphics and Tri-bar wheels. collector # 011, 3 of 4. ( #1 is "propper chopper", #2 is "1970 Dodge charger Daytona", #3 is this lexus, #4 is "Olds cutlass 442". this is from the 2000 "3-D series"

2. Ford GT40, red, "78" on the side. its collector # 139, from 2000

3.Nissan Skyline, blue, APT motorsports. its collector #019, first editions 7 of 42, its from 2002 first editions.

are these worth more than the $.94 i paid for them? or should i just let my friends 11 yr old brother play w/ them??

thanks
chris
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2002, 04:54 PM   #2
95stktrbo:(
Elite DSMtalker

Eagle Talon 1995
95stktrbo:('s Gallery
See what people sell them for on ebay. I can't remember the site but there is a huge diecast site that list values also.

Later,
Old 05-02-2002, 05:11 PM   #3
2badrotties
DSMtalker

93 TALON AWD turbo
2badrotties's Gallery
Some of them will be worth A LOT of money. It's to bad I couldn't tell which ones. So are matchbox cars. I have a carry case from 1972 with 48 matchbox and hotwheels cars in it. I also have a bunch in a box , along with a few old tyco HO scale slot cars. They have price guides for all of the little cars, I just don't know where to find one. I found a price guide at a garage sale a couple of years ago and some of the prices were scary ( $ 5,000.00 ) for a 1968 camaro ( match box ) or something like that. But the cars have to be like new with a box or package prefered. If anyone knows the price guide site please post it here.
2badrotties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 06:31 PM   #4
CasemanTsi
New DSMtalker

1991 Eagle Talon TSi
CasemanTsi's Gallery
LOL i just bought the skyline
that thing rocks

mine is out of package so i doubt it will be worth anything.. o well
i still think it is cool
CasemanTsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 08:59 PM   #5
gsx lady
DSMtalker

1992 Plymouth Laser RS
gsx lady's Gallery
Its been a while, but I collected Hot Wheels when I worked at Wal Mart. I took 150 cars to a toy show...Came home with $300 and 75 cars. These were pretty much a year or so old, still in the packages.

The busses, bugs, wrap around window pickup trucks, anything that is packaged wrong, or has different paint, wheels ect, than all the others of that model are the most collectable. I had a metal flake blue rail car all the others were plain blue.

If you have the whole set in a series they are good. There is usually one or two in a set that is hard to find.

Probably the rarest is the Treasure Hunt series. I think there are 72 cars in a case and you'll find a Treasure Hunt in every 10 cases or so. (Assuming they still produce them) In 2 years in the Toy dept I got maybe 10-15, I kept about 3...Not exactly fair if I had taken them all.
gsx lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 12:08 AM   #6
Turbo2
Ultra DSMtalker

1991 Matsuda Roadster
Turbo2's Gallery
I'd get the Skyline just because. I now have 6 hotwheels from at least 1 year ago and one from 98 Pretty cool, my uncle has a bunch, and he rubbed off on me. Maybe I need to work at Walmart or Target or something like that That or have one of my friends hook me up.

1991 Mazda Miata aka Mazda Roadster - 98ci of fury
Turbo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 01:03 AM   #7
TaLoNBLiNGBLiNG
Hardcore DSMtalker

'03 Mitsu Galant 4g64
TaLoNBLiNGBLiNG's Gallery
I have the blue Skyline It's pretty badass too
Old 05-03-2002, 08:21 AM   #8
Grilf
Hardcore DSMtalker

02 WRX
Grilf's Gallery
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i have about a thousand matchbox cars from when i was a kid, too bad i actually played with them all and didnt keep them in their packaging

------
~Jon
Grilf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 08:25 AM   #9
stanfosd
Elite DSMtalker

'91 Talon TSi AWD
stanfosd's Gallery
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
#4 is "Olds cutlass 442
They have my 442! I must go to walmart tonight! May as well grab a skyline too eh?
Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done.
(Matthew 21:21)
stanfosd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 08:30 AM   #10
scotthidley
Elite DSMtalker

92 TSI AWD / 05 Quattro
scotthidley's Gallery
Thats one of the reasons I hated working at Target. Every Saturday morning the same dozen guys would come in asking me to pull every new case out of the back, so they could buy them and mark them up to be sold at their crappy little booth in this flea market. At least I was smart enough after the first time to tell them they haven't been delivered yet. They'd then go on to ramble about the car they wanted, so I'd find it later, and sell those to the kids.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:56 PM   #11
saturdaynight
Super DSMtalker

1990 Talon TSi AWD
saturdaynight's Gallery
Quote:
Originally posted by scotthidley
Thats one of the reasons I hated working at Target. Every Saturday morning the same dozen guys would come in asking me to pull every new case out of the back, so they could buy them and mark them up to be sold at their crappy little booth in this flea market. At least I was smart enough after the first time to tell them they haven't been delivered yet. They'd then go on to ramble about the car they wanted, so I'd find it later, and sell those to the kids.
I'm so glad I don't work at Wally-World (Wal-Mart) anymore. I am so sick of dealing with the public like that. I was in the electronics dept. One of the few people who actually new something about the dept I was in. ...And those fucking nerdy ass comercial they have with the guies trying to rap and shit. WTF!!! They looked like a bunch of retards!
Old 05-03-2002, 02:20 PM   #12
scotthidley
Elite DSMtalker

92 TSI AWD / 05 Quattro
scotthidley's Gallery
Quote:
Originally posted by saturdaynight

I'm so glad I don't work at Wally-World (Wal-Mart) anymore. I am so sick of dealing with the public like that. I was in the electronics dept. One of the few people who actually new something about the dept I was in. ...And those fucking nerdy ass comercial they have with the guies trying to rap and shit. WTF!!! They looked like a bunch of retards!
I did electronics, toys, seasonal, automotive, sporting goods,...(thanks for the 2 years of hell).

I've heard em all.
Guy looking at $100 treadmill: I'd like to try this out
(treadmill was off limits due to liabilities)
Me: Its against store policy to allow people up there and use the equipment
Him: Well you don't buy a car without driving it
Me: For $100 you don't buy a car that can be driven

Unfortunately I knew electronics quite well. We'd always get idiots looking at the $30-40 cameras and expecting them to be professional photographer quality. I liked showing them which cameras had bad flashes (how often do you get to be paid to make somebody blind )

You don't want to get me started on the holiday season, that is pure misery, and I don't even wish that on my enemies.
Old 05-03-2002, 02:55 PM   #13
saturdaynight
Super DSMtalker

1990 Talon TSi AWD
saturdaynight's Gallery
Quote:
Originally posted by scotthidley

You don't want to get me started on the holiday season, that is pure misery, and I don't even wish that on my enemies.
Ug, I remember! Black Friday is the worst. ACK!!!

What I hated so much was having to baby sit the people who just wanted to read the back covers of a game that was locked in the display case and then they wanted to read another, and another and so on and so on. Then they never bought anything.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:37 PM   #14
TokyoRacing
New DSMtalker

99 Eclipse Turbo (sold)
TokyoRacing's Gallery
Quote:
LOL i just bought the skyline

Quote:
I have the blue Skyline It's pretty badass too

could you guys tell me where did you buy the skyline? for how much? any sites? I would like to have R34, R33 and R32 V-spec. I saw one time an ad in turbo magazine...motorex sell them, but alittle pricey.

Thanks
TokyoRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 12:36 AM   #15
TaLoNBLiNGBLiNG
Hardcore DSMtalker

'03 Mitsu Galant 4g64
TaLoNBLiNGBLiNG's Gallery
I bought the Hot Wheels Skyline at Target . I also have the Mequiars Ford Focus drag car and the RHL yellow 2000 Toyota Celica, all from Target.
Advertisement