How to get an IHOP waitress fired... - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > Other Stuff > Lounge

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 07:49 AM   #1
greyforestgst

95 gst
greyforestgst's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How to get an IHOP waitress fired...

Oh, decisions decisions.

Me and my buddy Jason went to our local ihop to grab a bite. it was extremely early this morning, say 5:00 or 6:00 am when we went in. ihop really kicks ass for food, and you get a side of pancakes with everything too. Anyways, upon arrival we notice a riced honda civic. Kind of a mauve / purplish type color, VTEC type R of course, that was part of an elite group called "XTREME IMPORTZ" as the windshield banner proudly explained. It also had stylish APC euro taillights as well as 18" three spoke chrome wheel covers. More about this later.

There was one waitress there since it was really early, and only one cook in the back serving up food. The waitress was some mexicano with painted-on eyelashes who took forever to do anything but generally came off as nice. after we ate, we found out we only had $16 bucks, and the meal was $15.44 or so with tax. Oh damn, we usually have enough to leave a tip, but not now I guess. We went up to the register, where that same waitress rang us up. I forked over $10 and Jason had to pay with three $1 bills and his $2 bill. Everything should have been fine and dandy, eh? Not quite. Me and J were climbing in his car when the waitress popped out the door. "What the fuck is your problem?? You didn't fucking tip me? Fucking assholes! You better not ever fucking come back here again!" It was early, so this was kind of startling. I just 'waved' to her, and me and Jason left without saying a word.

So that leads me to now. I'm obviously going over her head and will try to get her fired as best as I can, but that was completely and utterly uncalled for. Its IHOP for christs sake and she decides she will verbally assault some patrons because she didnt get her lousy dollar? She was just putting on a show so that we would pay her - we got to see her real colors when we couldn't. She certainly has an expensive car for caring about such a small amount of cash...maybe her altezzas will have an unfortunate meeting with a flashlight. I'd more or less be doing that dum bitch a favor. The more I think about it though the more I wish I would have walked up there and perhaps provoked her enough to physically attack me, but that option is gone, unless i manage to catch her there again. We've gone to that same IHOP at the same time about seven times in the last couple of weeks, and thats the first time we've had the pleasure of meeting psycho bitch.

Anyways, enough with the bullshit...whats the best course of action that you, the cultured DSMTalker would take?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2002, 08:19 AM   #2
ikickuintheball
Ultra DSMtalker

'95 Eclipse GS-T
ikickuintheball's Gallery
If you go there again, make sure she doesn't spit in your food. lol.

I would call up the IHOP and tell them about her just to be an asshole. lol.

AGP RS49t, custom AMS o2 housing with dump tube for tial, Tial 38mm, Greddy Evo 3.1" Exhaust, Small Greddy FMIC, Denso 660cc, Walbro 255, Greddy Type-S, Dave Brode UICP, Apex'i S-AFC, MBC set at 20psi, Autometer Phantom Boost Gauge, Defi-D EGT, KYB GR-2 shocks, HKS Type-0 Turbo Timer, AWD "Big Brakes", ACT 2100, Fidanza Flywheel, Energy Motor Mount Inserts, RRE SS Clutch line, PLX M-300 WB O2, DSMlink
Old 07-17-2002, 08:24 AM   #3
2 B 4GO10
New DSMtalker

90 Laser Turbo FWD
2 B 4GO10's Gallery
She shouldn't have bitched at you.

Have you ever been a server though?

Do you know how it feels to work like a slave bringing people their food, and to get a few pennies for tip.

TIP is a part of the meal. Those servers do not make minimum wage. They make about $2/hour!!

If it was me, instead of a coke or something I would have gotten water and given her the money....

Trust me, if you were a server you understand why she bitched!!!

Do not get her fired. Instead recognize the fact that you need to account for the tip when you go out to eat. You can always drive thru MacDonalds or something if you don't want to pay a tip.

IHOP made its money out of you. The girl is the one who got screwed over.

I have been in a similar situation where I had no money for a tip, and no credit card. I just apologized to the waiter and it was cool.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:27 AM   #4
ikickuintheball
Ultra DSMtalker

'95 Eclipse GS-T
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure min. wage is definitely not $2/hr. More like $5/hr.

AGP RS49t, custom AMS o2 housing with dump tube for tial, Tial 38mm, Greddy Evo 3.1" Exhaust, Small Greddy FMIC, Denso 660cc, Walbro 255, Greddy Type-S, Dave Brode UICP, Apex'i S-AFC, MBC set at 20psi, Autometer Phantom Boost Gauge, Defi-D EGT, KYB GR-2 shocks, HKS Type-0 Turbo Timer, AWD "Big Brakes", ACT 2100, Fidanza Flywheel, Energy Motor Mount Inserts, RRE SS Clutch line, PLX M-300 WB O2, DSMlink
Old 07-17-2002, 08:31 AM   #5
2 B 4GO10
New DSMtalker

90 Laser Turbo FWD
2 B 4GO10's Gallery
Quote:
Originally posted by 2 B 4GO10
Those servers DO NOT make minimum wage. They make about $2/hour!!
Maybe a little bit more but they do not get paid minimum wage. All they make is the tips.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:31 AM   #6
2SlowGS
New DSMtalker

Eclipse, GS, 1997
2SlowGS's Gallery
Re: How to get an IHOP waitress fired...

Quote:
Originally posted by greyforestgst
The waitress was some mexicano with painted-on eyelashes who took forever to do anything but generally came off as nice.
There are SO many things wrong with your post I really don't know where to start. First, you obviously have issues with Mexicans...Oh, I'm sure you'll deny it, but it's there. Second, waitresses bust their asses for like $2.00 an hour PLUS TIPS. That is the reason behind the FOOD SERVICE minimum wage. Third, did you explain to her at the register..."Oops, sorry, can't tip, but thanks for the job you did." Or did you just walk out...that is seen as an insult, after the work that they did for YOU. As for loosing her temper, well, uncalled for, but you have no idea what was going on with her, and dude, trust me, a lack of tip IS seen as a virtual slap in the face. I don't know what you do for a living, but it's like telling her she did a shitty job.

Sorry if I came across as harsh, but your idea that you some how have to get back at her, vandalizing her car, getting her to attack you, even going after her job, are just plain childish. Get over it man. If you see her again, EXPLAIN what happened, tip her a bit extra, and you'll probably get GREAT service from her in the future...
Old 07-17-2002, 08:34 AM   #7
stanfosd
Elite DSMtalker

'91 Talon TSi AWD
stanfosd's Gallery
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by ikickuintheball
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure min. wage is definitely not $2/hr. More like $5/hr.
You are right, but a lot of waiters/waitresses do not make minimum wage. THey do in fact make like $2.15 or so an hour. There are certain legalities of it and some are under the table as I am not up to speed on all of my min. wage requirements, but it comes down to some places add x% of tips into the servers paycheck, and some places let the server keep any and all tips.

It is different in every state, but I was thinking that if you were paid min. wage, then the establishment is supposed to pot the tips collected by everyone and x% of the tips collected was added into everyones paycheck. Other places (which I didnt think was actually legal in Ohio) would pay the workers like $2/hour, but the server gets to keep any and all tips.....under the table. Again, this is just what I think is how it is, as I do not know for sure; just that it is something like this.
Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done.
(Matthew 21:21)
Old 07-17-2002, 08:36 AM   #8
Ronin17
Hardcore DSMtalker

1999 Eclipse GSX
Ronin17's Gallery
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by ikickuintheball
He said that waiters DON'T get min. wage. They are usually paid about 2.75 an hour around here. It's the tips that pay the waiters. So no tip = a wasted hour of serving. The restruant business sucks, never will do that again.

Even tho it will piss you off that someone didn't leave you a tip ,the lady shouldn't have yelled at you or anything. Call IHOP about that bitch, lol.

FP3065 - DSMLink V2 - 950cc - FMIC
03 Evo - Stock
Old 07-17-2002, 08:40 AM   #9
stanfosd
Elite DSMtalker

'91 Talon TSi AWD
stanfosd's Gallery
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Re: Re: How to get an IHOP waitress fired...

Quote:
Originally posted by 2SlowGS

There are SO many things wrong with your post I really don't know where to start. First, you obviously have issues with Mexicans...Oh, I'm sure you'll deny it, but it's there. Second, waitresses bust their asses for like $2.00 an hour PLUS TIPS. That is the reason behind the FOOD SERVICE minimum wage. Third, did you explain to her at the register..."Oops, sorry, can't tip, but thanks for the job you did." Or did you just walk out...that is seen as an insult, after the work that they did for YOU. As for loosing her temper, well, uncalled for, but you have no idea what was going on with her, and dude, trust me, a lack of tip IS seen as a virtual slap in the face. I don't know what you do for a living, but it's like telling her she did a shitty job.

Sorry if I came across as harsh, but your idea that you some how have to get back at her, vandalizing her car, getting her to attack you, even going after her job, are just plain childish. Get over it man. If you see her again, EXPLAIN what happened, tip her a bit extra, and you'll probably get GREAT service from her in the future...
For the most part you have good points and I do live by them, however I do have a problem with this:

"First, you obviously have issues with Mexicans...Oh, I'm sure you'll deny it, but it's there."

Just because he said that she was Mexican does not mean that he has issues with Mexicans. That is just more of the politically correct line of thinking and it is total BS. Does it make a difference if she was white, black, asian, or mexican? Maybe, maybe not. There are profound racial differences and people need to accept that instead of being all PC and avoiding using the racial label. Different races give themselves labels and then get upset when others use those labels. .......but I didnt really mean to get into this that deep. I, when I read, prefer to have plenty of detail about the situation. Saying she was Mexican was adding to detail. Not once did he use it in a derogitory fashon or as some type of slander. Get over it.
Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done.
(Matthew 21:21)
Old 07-17-2002, 08:40 AM   #10
theamazingjime
DSMtalker

1998 Saturn SL-2
theamazingjime's Gallery
yeah, but waitresses get a base salary of way less because their tips make up for the rest.
You should have just told her you would get her next time when you paid, and she would have been fine.
This kind of thing happens alot and if you make it up to her, she will remember the next time you are there.
She shouldn't have yelled at you, however. That was going too far.
I wouldn't try and get her fired,though. Be the bigger person and let it go. Remember, what goes around comes around.

Look twice, Save a life! Motorcycles are EVERYWHERE!

Old 07-17-2002, 08:58 AM   #11
Blitz E-Klipz
Hardcore DSMtalker

Nissan Silvia S14
Blitz E-Klipz's Gallery
Exactly like what others said.... i'm an asssholeee and even i know. You should've explained to her that you didn't have enough and apologized, or if i were you i don't think i would've ate $15 worth of food at Ihops with only 2 people.

She obviously had to be there at like 5am or somethin, you have no idea how hard that is to wake up at 3-4 just to get to work at 5am. And that early in the morning there was probably not that many people going in, maybe that's why she had a mad cow.

- Will

My beloved White 99' 50 trim powered Eclipse Gst - Bought December 2000.... Sold June 2004

My donut loving 05' crystal grey metallic STi - Bought June 2004.... Sold January 2006

My new partner... black 95' Silvia s14 - Bought January 2006

My new partner #2... black/black 07' gsxr600 - Bought November 2006
Old 07-17-2002, 09:05 AM   #12
ikickuintheball
Ultra DSMtalker

'95 Eclipse GS-T
I know how it is to wake up 3-4am to go to work. I work harder than she does, but I don't go cursing people out when they disrespect me about my job. I'm a clammer, and I know none of you know what that is, but it's really underpaid for the labor that's needed.

Old 07-17-2002, 09:09 AM   #13
2SlowGS
New DSMtalker

Eclipse, GS, 1997
2SlowGS's Gallery
Re: Re: Re: How to get an IHOP waitress fired...

Quote:
Originally posted by stanfosd

For the most part you have good points and I do live by them, however I do have a problem with this:

"First, you obviously have issues with Mexicans...Oh, I'm sure you'll deny it, but it's there."

Just because he said that she was Mexican does not mean that he has issues with Mexicans. That is just more of the politically correct line of thinking and it is total BS. Does it make a difference if she was white, black, asian, or mexican? Maybe, maybe not. There are profound racial differences and people need to accept that instead of being all PC and avoiding using the racial label. Different races give themselves labels and then get upset when others use those labels. .......but I didnt really mean to get into this that deep. I, when I read, prefer to have plenty of detail about the situation. Saying she was Mexican was adding to detail. Not once did he use it in a derogitory fashon or as some type of slander. Get over it.
"The waitress was some mexicano with painted-on eyelashes who took forever to do anything but generally came off as nice."

Well, she could have been a Tejana, Mexicana, Chiquana, but unless it was a transvestite, she certainly wasn't a mexicano.

Scott,
My family is racially mixed, and unless you have an inside point of view, you can't really have a valid opinion. I do agree with you that racial steriotypes have developed partially based on fact. Perhaps grey DIDN'T mean anything by his statment (and if not, appologies all around), but you know, if someone refered to my wife as "some mexicano" I'd lose it, and an ass whooping would ensue. PC is BS, Affermative Action is BS, being scared to address racial issues in a productive manner by sweeping it under the rug of "PC" is also BS. I don't claim to be correct in all of my beliefs, hell, I am one truely screwed up person, take it for what it's worth Peace Bro...
Old 07-17-2002, 09:14 AM   #14
Stephen
Senior Moderator

1995 Talon TSi AWD
Stephen's Gallery
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
AH greyforest this is not directed at you becuase you would have tipped if you had the money...

I HATE NON TIPPERS, I STOPPED GOING OUT TO EAT WITH FAMILY MEMBERS BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAP AND DONT TIP. Thats how strongly i feel about non tippers....

I stopped being friends with this kid cuz he would not tip!!!!!!

back to certain members of my family, it really pisses me off, cuz they never give a good tip, so what does that mean, I have to pay for more of a tip for a job well done!!!!
Thanks a lot!!!

ok im done ranting....

Lets be serious here, she should not flip out over not getting a tip... get annoyed, yes but thats it... greyforest didnt do anything wrong, he just made a mistake, i know we all make em....
Old 07-17-2002, 09:15 AM   #15
Optamix98RS
Hardcore DSMtalker

07 NISMO 350z #0225 of
Optamix98RS's Gallery
Personally I would have apoligized for not leaving a tip and told her next time she waited on my I would leave double.
BUT
her reaction was uncalled for. I would call and talk to the manager.

Second
a Tip IS NOT PART OF THE MEAL!!!
A tip is something earned. I have had waiters look at me wierd if I leave a crappy tip or no tip, point is, you should have done a better job. On the only end, I will occaisoanly leave a huge tip if you do a super good job(and Im with a girl, makes you look like you can throw money around). I once tiped a waitress at the olive garden 10 bux on a 20 dollor meal. She was always nice, smiling, bringing stuff quickly when we asked for it(i always want extra little things, especiall at mexican restraunts, i love limes and guacamoli(sp?) dip)even thought it was busy.

I would definatly call her manager though and explain the situation. Some one like that is emotionaly unstable.
Just my thoughts
peace out

07 NISMO 350z #0225 of 1500.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread