DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

downpipe ??? for my auto gst

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  97TSiAWD 
#1 ·
hey, i have a 2.5" apex down pipe that i recently bought, when putting it on it will take out the cat.......so my question is, is it a direct bolt on, or are there other peices i need to add, and is it true that it will make my car smell, due to the lack of a cat.......i found one made by hahn racin that doesnt take out the cat and was thinkin of buyin that if the smell is really bad, because this is still my daily driven car!!!! also, whats the point of a BOV for an automatic???? you never let off the gas so its almost not needed.......i may be wrong........so if i am fix me...........
96 eclipse gst "auto"

#2 ·
Description for this forum: "Only for discussion of things that are unique to Auto Transmission DSMs." Downpipes are general talk and you can get info searching in General DSM Tech, Parts Talk, and Parts Reviews.

and is it true that it will make my car smell, due to the lack of a cat
I didn't notice anything. If you live in an area with emissions or where cops will pull you over to check your exhaust, I wouldn't recommend using a test pipe. Otherwise, it's a good mod that will really help exhaust flow (cats are very restrictive and don't allow you to run race gas).
also, whats the point of a BOV for an automatic???? you never let off the gas so its almost not needed
So you plan to never let off the throttle--ever? BOVs are needed because even with Autos, there are times you are in boost that you have to let off. Say, at the end of the quarter mile. Or while passing someone on the highway. That is unless you plan to stay WOT all the time and run into shit. :D

Since this isn't really Auto only discussion, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.