NEW MOD FOR NT 1st GENS - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > DSM Tech Central > Non Turbo Tech

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-23-2001, 08:31 PM   #1
blowntalon
New DSMtalker

blowntalon's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Arrow

an EATON M90 supercharger, what more can i say.. i am currently in the betatest area.. results are 5 psi boost @ 2500rpm and 15 psi boost@5000 rpms.. sorry if you have AC you have to loose it for the speed.. BUT the wind will keep you cool
pics available at
http://www3.islandtelecom.com/~yeste...ges/blower.jpg

http://www3.islandtelecom.com/~yeste...mages/look.jpg[/url]

http://www3.islandtelecom.com/~yeste...es/blower1.jpg[/url]

[Edited by blowntalon on 03-05-2001 at 01:51 AM]
blowntalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2001, 07:32 AM   #2
dsm93talon
Honorary Moderator

1993 Talon TSI
dsm93talon's Gallery
WTF??? Is this thing for real? holy shit dude that's cool! nice fabrication job BTW. Does it work???
dsm93talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 08:43 AM   #3
blowntalon
New DSMtalker

blowntalon's Gallery
Wink DOES IT LOOK REAL?? 8-)

its real.. its on my current 90 talon.. I am into some issues.. nothing major just air fuel troubles nothing that the turbo guys havent seen before.. i am working closely with the dsm community to make this work.. it may end up in kit form or i may just sell the prototype after all the bugs have been worked out. but rest assured i just walked in from driving the car and it does have the blower installed on it.
I have many pictures of the installation manufacturing and am hoping to put up a site containing the full write up, as well i am %95 done of a turbo charging system for the 1st gen NT's.
anyone with webspace available contact me or if you have questions about my projects you can ICQ me at 6695535
Old 02-24-2001, 11:22 AM   #4
mackitraz
New DSMtalker

mackitraz's Gallery
Thumbs up I'd like to pre-order please....

First off, WOW. Nice. If that can deliver what you estimate, you'll have a lot of people lined up to get one. So please, if you get the chance post the plans for this worked out, at the very least post them, or capitalize on them by either finding a way to make a kit or sell the plans to a company that will market a kit. If you get the performance specs worked out post a link. Either way, nice job dude.
mackitraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2001, 06:10 PM   #5
Dan4g63
Super DSMtalker

1990 Eclipse GSX
Dan4g63's Gallery
Thumbs up

Yea man nice job. That look nice. Well who cares what it looks like as long as it works. Good job once again. Its always nice to see people create new things.

What kind of blower did you use? I assume you got it from some other car? And have you done the piping yourself?
Old 02-24-2001, 09:59 PM   #6
dsm93talon
Honorary Moderator

1993 Talon TSI
dsm93talon's Gallery
hey bitch I'M doing the next Turbo 1G NT!!!

that's what project ES-T is... if you want any of my research and info as far as fuel delievery goes let me know man. I have alot of info / research on force feeding the 1G NT 4g63. email me if you wanna talk about any of this
Old 02-24-2001, 09:59 PM   #7
blowntalon
New DSMtalker

blowntalon's Gallery
Talking questions answered..

first off the upper intake plenum is a factory dsm flange and runners cut square to the head and the actual plenum is made of aircraft aluminum 1/8 inch thich. the blower is made by eaton corperation
http://automotive.eaton.com/cgi-bin/...=Superchargers
it is an M90 thier largest, some oem applications of this blower are the ford 3.8l supercoup and the 3.8 boneville ssei there are 4 sizes available.. i chose the largest for 1 reason.. go big or go home. why start designing a performance kit for a car with the smallest and then have to work my way up??second off the fabrication of the plenum was done by myself on a low budget total costs to date less supercharger is about $300 canadian. the car is equiped with a header and 2 3/4 exhaust system no cat and a SK resonator and a dynomax performance muffler. the intake piping is still stock and a small bracket relocates both throttle cable and air canister. rear engine mount is lowered and belt tensioner pulleys are mounted on a bracket that bolts in the air conditioner mounting holes in the block.. as i mentioned i am still in the betatest phase.. almost at a standstill as i am having detonation problems.. compression ratio under boost at idle is about 14:1 and much higher as rpm increases.. I am beginning to wonder if this is a "strip" only application.. but i have come too far to back out, i am looking into the detonation issue and hope to solve it soon, i want this application to work for street as well..
i will have a website with updated photos and step by step pictures.. cheers
Mike

[Edited by blowntalon on 02-25-2001 at 12:08 AM]
Old 02-25-2001, 04:34 PM   #8
dsm93talon
Honorary Moderator

1993 Talon TSI
dsm93talon's Gallery
you should find a way to bleed the boost a little bit, i've found that the NT engine on stock internals with it's 9:1 comp ratio will only hold roughly 8psi before detonation occours (that's why I went with a T25 for my turbo project Talon ES) You might want to try using 95+ pistons or better yet... get some JE's and Crower rods if you're not going to bump down the comp ratio. maybe even water injection would be a good idea. what you think?
Old 03-01-2001, 04:19 PM   #9
w1kk3d
Hardcore DSMtalker

'98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
w1kk3d's Gallery
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
webspace

Hey blowntalon...
I have webspace if you want to use some.
Just email me all the files & text and all that, I'll even code the html if you want, i'm bored
It would be something like:
http://www.wikked.com/blowntalon/
http://www.wikked.com/eatonM90/
http://www.wikked.com/eatonSC/
(don't bother clicking the links of course, 'cause they don't exist)
Somethin like that, whatever you come up with.
Get back to me.
Old 03-04-2001, 11:41 PM   #10
blowntalon
New DSMtalker

blowntalon's Gallery
Talking

well a small update.. i have the boost issue under control.. after close examination with a handheld direct drive tach. turns out i was running the blower 6000 rpms overspeed at 5000 crank rpms.. eaton reccomends an input shaft speed of 14k rpms, and i was knocking on 20k. the solution was to have a waterpump pulley welded on to a drive sleeve to be mounted on the input shaft of the blower, a days worth of machining and welding then balancing.. and bammo.. i have to reinstall the blower this week and test the rpms and boost levels, this may be enuf to control the detonation..
original situation
6.5 inch AC pulley driving 2 3/4 inch blower pulley
revised setup
6.5 inch AC pulley driving 5.5 inch (modified waterpump pulley) on input shaft of blower.
A 1:1.18 ratio and a lot more realistic than the absurd ratio I had before 1:2.4
gonna start the webpage this week as well for all you snoops
Old 03-05-2001, 08:22 AM   #11
dsm93talon
Honorary Moderator

1993 Talon TSI
dsm93talon's Gallery
so what psi are you using? did you convert your block to a turbo block? (add the oil jets?) and what psi can you achiever before detonation?
Old 03-21-2001, 02:15 PM   #12
blowntalon
New DSMtalker

blowntalon's Gallery
Red face ON HOLD

Well... turns out this project is onhold for a bit... my testbed car IS SOLD, my other talon IS SOLD, my laser is parted out, and i am picking up my 91 AWD TSI tonight.... i have now graduated from the NT class, sorry guys.. maybe someone wants to buy the intake and supercharger to frig with on thier cars? i'm open to offers..8-)
was nice owning a NT for these 5 years, but the MONEY was good for selling and buying... and i have some scratch left over...
Old 03-21-2001, 05:29 PM   #13
slickseth
Super DSMtalker

slickseth's Gallery
Keep the Supercharger! Try using it on the AWD! Im serious, use the supercharger for low end power until the turbo spools. Get a frikken huge laggy turbo, and use it in conjunction with the supercharger. It would be something new and I bet it would be awesome! Theres been alot of talk about this subject, but I dont personally know anyone who has done it yet.

slickseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 10:32 AM   #14
Dsmman
Honorary Moderator

'05 Evo VIII
Dsmman's Gallery
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hey, blowntalon. I'm gonna email you. Let me know if you still have that supercharger.
Old 05-14-2001, 01:05 PM   #15
verserv
Ultra DSMtalker

95 M3 / 92 TSi AWD
verserv's Gallery
it was a cool project
verserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement