Dejon Tools Dual Boost Controller - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > Parts/Vendor Discussion Area > Parts Reviews Only

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-27-2001, 01:32 PM   #1
S_rangeBrew
DSMtalker

'96 Talon AWD
S_rangeBrew's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have been using the Dejon Tools Dual Boost Controller
for awhile now. I really like it.

It is a very nicely crafted piece, as I've heard all Dejon's stuff is. It has two MBC's machined from aluminum. It has two nice knurled knobs and lock washers that you can set by hand, no tools needed.
To switch between the two controllers, it has a beefy solinoid attached. Wires run into the cockpit, where you can place the toggle switch wherever you want. I put mine by the shiftstick, for quick access.
It took me about an hour to install, very simple. I have run quite a few things through the firewall, however, so I have some experience.

I guess it screws right in place on a 1G, but on my 2G I had to use nylon tie-downs, which worked well.

It's kind of fun to blast down the highway and turn the boost on full blast. It's like a mini-shot of nitrous.
One day, I was racing beside a big V8 Lexus, and we were pretty much neck and neck. I switched the boost to high and suddenly started walking away from him. I've saved quite a bit of gas with this thing. With my lead foot.

In conclusion, I would say the Dejon Controllers are really nice. I've seen quite a few, and these are obviously made with care, and are a good deal for the price.

http://users.erinet.com/40666/

is the address of Dejon.

-SB
2G AWD, basic intake mods. Stock exhaust.
S_rangeBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2001, 06:10 PM   #2
overboostTSI
DSMtalker

97 GSX
overboostTSI's Gallery
Thumbs up

I have the same boost controller and love it. I do a lot of driving right now and usually leave it on stock boost, then when I want to have some fun I just flip the switch inside the cockpit and get a few extra psi of boost. Good quality, good instructions, fair price, good service, simple install.
Best 1/4 ET:13.72
Best 1/4 MPH: 99.11
Best 60': 1.78 (ACT 2100)
Sold-->1993 TSI/AWD 5spd bolts ons
Sold-->1991 3000gt VR4
Sold-->98 GSX 5spd with ported 16g and bolt ons
Sold-->94 TT Supra
1997 GSX 5 spd with bolt ons
overboostTSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 07:54 AM   #3
turbo2oh
New DSMtalker

97 tsi fwd
turbo2oh's Gallery
spiking

Anyone had any boost spike problems with this mbc ?
turbo2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 01:12 PM   #4
ral
New DSMtalker

ral's Gallery
I have the single MBC boost controller from Dejon Tool. Actually, it was a switchable Hi-Stock boost controller, but I took off the solenoid and converted it to a single stage MBC because I did did not have time to wire up the solenoid. I will put the solenoid back on when I have more time to wire it up.

I do not have any problem with it spiking. In the lower gears it goes 1 or 2 psi over the set amount at most, but it settles down immediately. In the higher gears there does not seem to be any spike at all. I was getting much worse spiking with the stock BCS controlled system. I should mention though that the Dejon Tool intake greatly reduced spiking with the stock controller.

Great unit for a great price. I highly recommend it.

Ryan

'97 Talon AWD
K&N FIPK
Autometer Phantom Boost/Vac Gauge
PRE UICP with 1G BOV
Dejon Tool 2 1/2" full intake pipe
Dejon tool MBC-1 (was an MBC-2) set to 15psi

ral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 01:35 PM   #5
overboostTSI
DSMtalker

97 GSX
overboostTSI's Gallery
I have the Dejon dual stage boost controller. I spikes 1-3 psi in 1st and 2nd but the higher gears seem to be fine. When it does spike it settles down very quickly to the preset boost. My friend just installed the same boost controller on virtually the same car as mine and on his car it doesnt seem to spike as much as on my car, the only difference between our cars is I have a 2.5" UIP(his is stock) but he has a ported 2g manifold(mine is stock 1g) otherwise they are the same( even the 1/4 times are close).

I really like the boost controller anyway because you can run stock boost(driving to work or whatever) and then switch to a high boost setting when you need that extra umpfif.
Best 1/4 ET:13.72
Best 1/4 MPH: 99.11
Best 60': 1.78 (ACT 2100)
Sold-->1993 TSI/AWD 5spd bolts ons
Sold-->1991 3000gt VR4
Sold-->98 GSX 5spd with ported 16g and bolt ons
Sold-->94 TT Supra
1997 GSX 5 spd with bolt ons
overboostTSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 02:57 PM   #6
turbo2oh
New DSMtalker

97 tsi fwd
turbo2oh's Gallery
For the hi-stock one I take it you have to leave your bcs attached ? Can someone explain to me how this one works ?
Old 11-20-2001, 03:14 PM   #7
ral
New DSMtalker

ral's Gallery
When this is switched to "stock" boost, the BOV line is connected directly to the wastegate actuator, which sets the boost to 7psi. I believe the Hi-Lo boost controller has two ball-spring units which lets you set two different boost levels and switch between them.

Ryan
Old 11-20-2001, 07:34 PM   #8
turbo2oh
New DSMtalker

97 tsi fwd
turbo2oh's Gallery
why 7psi ?
Old 11-21-2001, 10:11 AM   #9
ral
New DSMtalker

ral's Gallery
I believe that 7psi is the pressure that signals the actuator to open the wastegate, which stops boost from building.

Old 11-21-2001, 10:16 AM   #10
turbo2oh
New DSMtalker

97 tsi fwd
turbo2oh's Gallery
So your saying a stock car only builds 7psi ?
Old 11-25-2001, 05:19 PM   #11
ral
New DSMtalker

ral's Gallery
No. Again, this is the boost you get when you disconnect the BCS and connect the turbo nipple to directly to the wastegate actuator. Actually less, because of losses from the IC and piping. If you connect the BOV line to the wastegate actuator then you should get closer to a true 7psi of boost. This is what the "low stock boost" position of the MBC-2 does. It is for low traction situations and if you are going to have an inexperienced driver behind the wheel.

If you want to be able to set two arbitrary boost settings, you need a true multi-stage boost controller with two ball-spring units, assuming you are going with a manual unit. Dejon Tool makes this, and I think the part number is MBC-3.

Ryan
Old 12-01-2001, 08:22 PM   #12
Cazzo
Hardcore DSMtalker

98 GS-T
Cazzo's Gallery
I think he is right. Even with an electronic boost controller, It won't let me choose a lo boost setting below 0.6 kg/cm^2 (8.5 psi). Maybe its something different but thought i would add some spare change to this conversation.
Cazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement