DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

What are the best main/rod bearings?

16K views 57 replies 19 participants last post by  Vor V Zakone 
#1 ·
I am rebuilding my 99 gsx with the eagle rods and wiseco pistons. I want the bottom end built as solid as possible because I plan to go all out with this car. What would be the best brand for bearings and thrust washers? I have used acl (thought they where the best) in this previous motor and I spun a rod bearing.

#55 ·
taylorb765 said:
I called the local dealer and they wanted $850 for a new oem crank. I cant find anyone who has a good used one and all remans are a min of 10 under so I ordered an eagle forged crank and acl race bearings for $745. I know its a little much for how much power i plan on using, but now i can be confident that my bottom end is built solid.
I can get the oem cranks out to you guys for $700 shipped.

#58 ·
I have ran a cut crank in my 6g72 and never had a problem. I talked to the guy at the machine shop and he said they are fine to run. I have 12k on my rebuild. It's cheap too. Only 97$ for a cut crank vs a lot.

I would recommend getting the plugs pulled ND cleaned on the crank. You want absolutely zero metal in their obviously.

Also flush you oil cooler with ac flush. I did that too and haven't found a specific of metal and it's been 12k

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.