DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com - View Single Post - 1.8 header.....solution

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

Notices

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
89goldEclipse18
New DSMtalker

Mitsubishi eclipse 1989
89goldEclipse18's Gallery
Exclamation Re: 1.8 header.....soulution

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89goldEclipse18 View Post
Buy a pace setter 2.0 n/t header and cut the flange off it. Then find some 1.75 inch or 1.5 inch exhaust pipe, plasma cutter, and a 1.8 cast manifold. Then cut the 2.0 flange off, extend the pipes 1 or 2 inches...please use the 1.8 cast manifold for reference. Then weld up the pipes. I did my own this way and coated it works great. U can also weld nuts on it like I did to cover with the stock heat shield to get the stock look. {edited}

Restoring a 1990 eclipse 1.8 34k miles Zero rust! Just dry rot from AZ!
I personally want to apologize to the site community for my lack of reading rule # 7 in this thread. There for in the future I will obey this rule to the fullest Extent.
89goldEclipse18 is offline   Reply With Quote