Fort Hood Shootings - Page 2 - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > Other Stuff > Lounge

Notices

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #16
Red1991TSI
Site Administrator

1991 Eagle Talon Tsi
Red1991TSI's Gallery
Feedback Score: 78 reviews
Re: Fort Hood Shootings

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd View Post
Due to current required appeals and such, death sentence is more costly.
Exactly. It shouldn't be though! Some of these people there IS not doubt because they have them on video or caught in the act.

Bang!

Read the rules people!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2009, 04:19 AM   #17
97GreenSpyder
Super DSMtalker

'97 Eclipse GS-T Spyder
97GreenSpyder's Gallery
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Yup, another FINE EXAMPLE of the worshippers of the so-called "religion of peace". Of course, you won't see the blamestream media admit he was a muslim terrorist, which his actions in going on the rampage qualify him for the distinction, just like the DC sniper (whom is about to get "the needle" within a few days).
142K not-so-daily driver, now that I'm retired. Last fall had the convertible top replaced (second time since I bought the car in '07). Also had most of the body repainted (peeling clearcoat) by a first-class bodyshop. Took five weeks, for a total cost for both jobs of $4K. Car looks almost new now. BTW, damn tired of seeing the obnoxious Eclipse Cross commercials. It's heresy using the Eclipse name on a damn SUV.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #18
Blurred Talon
Elite DSMtalker

96 Talon TSI AWD
Blurred Talon's Gallery
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Why does his religion have anything to do with the crime?

Christians have done some pretty bad things in the name of God too.

Muslim extremists are the Hill Billies of the Eastern world.

The Gold Digger

Last edited by Blurred Talon; 11-06-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #19
shott17
Honorary Moderator

04 2500HD,97 TSI AWD
shott17's Gallery
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

Come on guys. Lets keep on topic and off of religion. It does not belong in here.

DSMTalk Master Rules!
Old 11-06-2009, 09:11 AM   #20
4g64fiero
Ridiculous DSMtalker

1997 gs-t stock
4g64fiero's Gallery
Feedback Score: 27 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by shott17 View Post
Come on guys. Lets keep on topic and off of religion. It does not belong in here.
x2 Islam isnt to blame, specifically.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #21
Red1991TSI
Site Administrator

1991 Eagle Talon Tsi
Red1991TSI's Gallery

No motive has been stated. Until then this is just stupid babble.

Now if the guy said he did it because of his beliefs then there's room for discussion but not on this forum.

Read the rules people!
Old 11-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #22
Rice_Killer

Rice_Killer's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I had my girlfriend and some family on that base, lucky they made it out alive.

He screamed Allah ho akbar before showering the place in rounds. So religion is not irrelevant.

Read some Muslim Edicts, and the Qouran. Better yet if you have a friend that speaks arabic that can truly put meaning to some of the phrases.

There is a very spiritual and somewhat beautiful side to Islam (and some parallels to Christianity), but it doesn't stop there. Those that choose to be devout Muslims carry out Jihad (in the name of God). Those that do not, are not doing what is asked of them by the Qouran. (note that this is not a prejudice statement, I'm just telling you to educate yourself).

I hear from my brother in law who was on the base that this guy was a respected Major and worked in the mental health profession.

Last edited by Rice_Killer; 11-06-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #23
aferraro21
Super DSMtalker

2014 Acura ilx
aferraro21's Gallery
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

^ Since September 11th, many have been going through the grief process, some are still stuck in Denial... the first step. Conservatives are the one's to blame for putting gun control laws on the people who need it.

And this IS about religion. The guy who shot those people cried "God is Great." Get a clue. Don't deny the reality that sits in front of you.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:24 AM   #24
halucinator
Super DSMtalker

'91 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
halucinator's Gallery
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by aferraro21 View Post
^ Since September 11th, many have been going through the grief process, some are still stuck in Denial... the first step. Conservatives are the one's to blame for putting gun control laws on the people who need it.

And this IS about religion. The guy who shot those people cried "God is Great." Get a clue. Don't deny the reality that sits in front of you.
Alright, lets not turn this thread political.

Back on TOPIC!
"Hero's Never Die, they reload"
Old 11-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #25
Red1991TSI
Site Administrator

1991 Eagle Talon Tsi
Red1991TSI's Gallery

Well did just see the news reports. Sounds like the guy snapped in the name of religion.

As they say, more lives have been taken in the name of religion than both world wars.

That's where this discussion stops. Once you begin discussing specific religions things always go down hill from there. Divide and conquer! Once you split belief or agreement on something, you now have leverage for power.

Read the rules people!
Old 11-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #26
aferraro21
Super DSMtalker

2014 Acura ilx
aferraro21's Gallery
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by halucinator View Post
Alright, lets not turn this thread political.

Back on TOPIC!
It's not political, just stating facts. People who need to protect themselves, in this case military personal, can not because there are laws and regulations against anyone besides military police to hold a firearm on base.

So the evil that can sneak in can do whatever they want to people who can't protect themselves.

Its not politcal man, that's just what happened, and until you lose friends and family, you don't know what the F your talking about. So don't act like this effects you because you are really out of touch with this situation. And I'm calling you out for being wrong.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #27
Rice_Killer

Rice_Killer's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

There needs to be a division in this freedom of religion. That freedom should not apply to something that actively puts everyone in danger. Unfortunately there is no way to do that without the select few crying inequality, racism, bigotry, and prejudice. As a result we're sitting on our hands, letting these things happen, and picking up the pieces afterwards. Doesn't sound like a good long term plan to me.

Where will it end, you ask? It won't.

Last edited by Rice_Killer; 11-06-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #28
4g64fiero
Ridiculous DSMtalker

1997 gs-t stock
4g64fiero's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_Killer View Post
I had my girlfriend and some family on that base, lucky they made it out alive.

He screamed Allah ho akbar before showering the place in rounds. So religion is not irrelevant.

Read some Muslim Edicts, and the Qouran. Better yet if you have a friend that speaks arabic that can truly put meaning to some of the phrases.

There is a very spiritual and somewhat beautiful side to Islam (and some parallels to Christianity), but it doesn't stop there. Those that choose to be devout Muslims carry out Jihad (in the name of God). Those that do not, are not doing what is asked of them by the Qouran. (note that this is not a prejudice statement, I'm just telling you to educate yourself).

I hear from my brother in law who was on the base that this guy was a respected Major and worked in the mental health profession.
Do you guys realize how much stuff is in the old testament about purging evil and taking over land ruled by non believers?!?!

I guess Jews want to take over the world too.

Every individual is responsible for their own actions no matter what guise they hide behind. ANYONE WHO SNAPS IS GOING TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR RELIGION TO JUSTIFY IT.

The guy is just an asshole lunatic. You guys(everyone blaming this on islam) sound like a bunch of racist fuck faces saying other wise.

Last edited by 4g64fiero; 11-06-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #29
4g64fiero
Ridiculous DSMtalker

1997 gs-t stock
4g64fiero's Gallery

My point is, if we cultivate a culture of hate for Islam, we are going to suppress them. That will only turn more Islamic peoples against America. Thats not what the war on terror is about. Quantifying the enemy is what it wants. By using that style of thinking you are eliminating your own freedom. If anything only embracing diversity is going to help.

This trend of hate towards Muslims is just what is needed to make America look like a bunch of douche bags.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #30
gSx-LeX
Honorary Administrator

2008 avalanche
gSx-LeX's Gallery
Feedback Score: 20 reviews

Some of you guys need to rent a couple seasons of 24.....
There is nothing wrong with DSMtalk's probationary system. It has been in place for years. Furthermore, the website is not singling you out and you did not stumble across some crazy glitch where you are stuck on probationary period. If you cannot post, it is because you are not meeting a requirement. Read the rules and DO NOT PM ME ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO POST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread