DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

03 Evo Problems

9K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  MacGSX 
#1 ·
Ok well my best friend has an 03 evo and doesn't understand the concept of internet forums so I'm posting here to get some help. We've been trying to figure out whats wrong with his has for the past week and can't

It all started at englishtown at the showdown. He launched hard separating the boot from the cv axle. So we replaced the axle thinking everything is good.

Now the Problem: When the car is turned hard right or left it sounds like something is hanging up and making a clunk sound. It first started only doing it while turning and is now starting to do it when driving straight from a dead stop. We've checked the front cv axles, the ball joint, the drive shaft has no play, nothing is actually catching on anything. I'm completely lost, I told him it may be something in the trans but I have never worked on an EVO before so that was a shot in the dark.

Anyone?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.