DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Turbo Question TD05HR 16GC 10.5T???

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Jusmx141 
#1 ·
So I have a chance to buy an upgraded turbo for my AWD 1g dsm. Its a TD05HR 16GC 10.5T I'm wondering if anyone knows any information about this turbo? I tried looking it up and I think it came off an EVO 9? I can get it for $300 with manifold and aftermarket 02 housing. Pretty good deal and its in good shape. Im just wondering if it would be a good bolt on turbo to run and how much power is it capable of on a 1g? And would it have alot of lag? Thanks!

#3 ·
Anything can be done with enough money, but as has been discussed thoroughly in the past late evo turbos are reversed from dsm turbos so you would need a specially made manifold/o2housing/exhaust/intake/ic pipes to make it even fit.

An evo3 turbo is a direct bolt on for a 1g and can be had fairly cheap (don't buy ebay "16g/20g" turbos).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.