Air Conditioning temp - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > DSM Tech Central > Help! Tech

Notices

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:46 AM   #1
baldj
DSMtalker

97 eagle talon tsi FWD
baldj's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Air Conditioning temp

Hey what's up guy's I have a 6 bolt swapped 97 talon tsi fwd that i've had a few years and the one thing it always lacked was ac as I found it to be to uncomfortable to drive when its really hot out. I decided to put ac back in the car as it had been removed by some previous owner. I got brackets and some hoses off a parts car then bought a new compressor, accumulator drier and evaporator. I installed everything put vacuum on the system found no leaks so I put vacuum on system for 45 minutes with a vacuum pump and manifold gauges. I added the refrigerant and everything is running but it doesn't seem that cold it only get's down to about 65 on a thermometer in the vent. not sure what our cars usually run at for a temp or what can be causing this.
baldj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2019, 10:42 AM   #2
itdood
Hardcore DSMtalker

95 TSi FWD
itdood's Gallery
Re: Air Conditioning temp

I'd start with over/under charge. The only accurate method to charge it is to weigh it in. Most cars take between 18-22oz (r134a). I always inject IR dye too because they all leak eventually.

Every car I've ever AC serviced ran about 35^ at the vents. This varies, will not be accurate for a car with climate control unless you know how to run it without the CC blending air. My '95 talon always ran 35ish. That was after it was running for a 10 minutes + and driving it, on recirc and cooled off in the car. Again all these numbers vary wildly with temps so take it with a grain of salt.

So I would make sure your charge is weighed in accurately. If you didn't weigh it in, you could try figuring it out with sub-cool and super-heat calcuations (these can be rough). In the end I've always had to recovery, vacuum, and wiegh it in.

If you weighed it in and all seems accurate I'd want to start looking at guages, pressures, sub-cool, and super-heat. It could be many things at this point, including a TXV, clog somewhere.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:58 AM   #3
baldj
DSMtalker

97 eagle talon tsi FWD
baldj's Gallery
Re: Air Conditioning temp

I used a scale when adding refrigerant and added almost two whole cans as I was using 12oz cans and the under hood sticker stated 23oz to fill the system. I've driven it and it keeps you cool just doesn't feel like its as as cool as it should be. While it's running every time the compressor kicks on you'll feel it get colder. the only component I did not replace was the TXV I have one just didn't want to take dash apart.
baldj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement