DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1992 Eagle Talon Tsi fuel pressure and idle

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Ripper_XX 
#1 ·
First question, is what is the fuel pressure suppose to be at(440cc injectors)

Second, Theres a valve or some sort of stick that has no vacuum line on, ive seen some pics where they are suppose to be there, its on the valve cover to the left at the back to the firewall, also a filter on the left on the valve cover which theres supposed to be a line from the intake apparently. If anyone can walk me through where these go or have a vacuum line diagram i would appreciate it.

Third. it runs for 10 mins or so fine,then when i put in the clutch at a stop sign or red light it dies, if it doesnt die it almost will down to 500rpms. so any ideas to this please tell me

so whats the fuel pressure suppose to be, vacuum lines, and any ideas to that,
Thanks , Tony

#2 ·
Put on your bib, it's spoon feeding time since you know searching is for dumb people. Now open your mouth, the knowledge plane needs a landing strip.

First question, is what is the fuel pressure suppose to be at(440cc injectors)
What year is the car?

Second, Theres a valve or some sort of stick that has no vacuum line on, ive seen some pics where they are suppose to be there, its on the valve cover to the left at the back to the firewall.
Sounds like you're describing the PCV. There is supposed to be a PCV in that location with a vacuum line running from it to the intake manifold. The PCV is a one way valve.

Also a filter on the left on the valve cover which there's supposed to be a line from the intake apparently.
The nipple on the side of the valve cover is supposed to have a vacuum line running to the intake pipe just behind the mass airflow sensor.

Third. it runs for 10 mins or so fine,then when i put in the clutch at a stop sign or red light it dies, if it doesn't die it almost will down to 500rpms. so any ideas to this please tell me.
I have a few idea's, none are good. What year is the car? 6 bolt, 7 bolt? Is it a manual trans or auto?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.