DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

2g Vortex Generator?

8K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  DSM Loki 
#1 ·
I hope this isn't a repost or i've been slipping on my dsm knowledge recently. Anyone see how this car is trying to be an evo? Besides the wheels which look good imo.

I think it ruins that 2g's curves.

See less See more
#7 ·
He's on tuners and that's a universal kit with the individual VG's, not the panel with a bunch of them molded in like the oem evo.

I think it looks ok honestly. Problem with most dsm's is that all our cars look exactly the same, there's very little individuality between most 2gb's, most 2ga's, most 1g's, etc. I like the fact that he did something different but as mentioned, I think it would look much better if it was one panel instead of a bunch of spikey things on the roof. Plus, I'm not too convinced it works with the 2g body style, I think it looks better on cars such as evos/sti's with a more boxy body.

#9 ·
I just don't like the fact that here you have spikes coming out of a smooth curvy flowing car. It looks off to me.

I have a vg on my evo and it looks alright but i think it pulls it off just because we have so many lines.

Like our fenders, our non curvy wings, the car is mostly lines. There's a reason a 2gb spoiler looks good on a 2g. It just flows with the car. Try putting an evo wing on a 2g and it'll look worse than a park bench.:chair:

#13 ·
here i am looking for a set of wheels that wiould look nice on my 2g and all i see is you talking about vg's and park benches ;)

#11 ·
Everytime i hear someone saying nah i don't wanna do this or that like everyone else i want to mix it up it leaves me thinking oh boy. This is probably going to go south. Although people do in rare occasions surprise you and get a good idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.