1gAWD Talon VS. 2g GST - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > DSM Racing & Kill Story Discussion > Kill Stories

Notices

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
vtec killr
New DSMtalker

92 TSi AWD
vtec killr's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1gAWD Talon VS. 2g GST

I think i got most of the bugs worked out on my new car.....i hope.....anyway the soul purpose of this car is just for fun so i hope to have many kill stories. The other night i ran to the store for the wife and decided to roll the Talon, it was cooler out, about 55 degrees, and i havent drove it at night since ive had it. It felt like a different car. Anyway when leaving the local wal mart i blasted past some kids that hang out in the parking lot trying to show off their cool cars...i guess my blow off valve got the attention of the owner of the 2g. He pulled up next to me at the light, and began a little boost harassment of his own. My talon is AWD, and i havent perfected the AWD launch just yet, but when the light changed i pulled away like he stalled the car, after topping out 2nd i let off to let him catch up, he rolled up beside me and we went from a 35mph roll, again i left him like nothing this time i didnt let off. The kid pulled of the exit and followed me. I pulled over and talked, he claimed he was running a ported 14b, 3'' turboback exhaust, 20lbs of boost, 660's injectors, hard intercooler pipes, and tuning with an SAFC. I hope he wasnt lying, my car killed his. I still am wondering everything done to my car, ( the previous owner got it on trade and didnt know anything about it except the obvious). Going to the 1/8 mile dragstip this friday with some buddies and their mustangs and camaros....hope all goes well....i really need to work on launching i am just so afraid of breaking something...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
kstallard34
DSMtalker

1993 Tsi/1995 tsi awd
kstallard34's Gallery
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: 1gAWD Talon VS. 2g GST

What did you get at the grocery store?
Old 08-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
frankozz
Ridiculous DSMtalker

91 Talon TSi AWD 6/4
frankozz's Gallery
Feedback Score: 39 reviews

Remember to slip the clutch and not drop it. Practice will help. What are your mods?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsubishi_gsx View Post
Please explain how lube isn't usefull?

Old 08-26-2009, 07:35 AM   #4
vtec killr
New DSMtalker

92 TSi AWD
vtec killr's Gallery

my mods are big 16g, ported O2 3'' downpipe and exhaust, 560 injectors, walbro 250, fuel pressure regulator, UICP, Keydriver stage 3, SAFC, 2100 pressure plate with 3000gt clutch, ported polished head, rebuilt 6 bolt,rebuilt tranny. My car has 4500 studderbox when i launch it seems to bog down quite a bit before it really starts to go, i dont know if thats normal, but it happens all the time.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:25 AM   #5
frankozz
Ridiculous DSMtalker

91 Talon TSi AWD 6/4
frankozz's Gallery
Feedback Score: 39 reviews

How are you launching?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsubishi_gsx View Post
Please explain how lube isn't usefull?
Old 08-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
vtec killr
New DSMtalker

92 TSi AWD
vtec killr's Gallery

I have launch control set at 4500rpms I hold the throttle to the floor. Then let out on the clutch slowly until I feel the car lurch forward alittle then let the clutch out all the way while keeping the throttle floored. I am thinkink of changing the launch control to 5000rpm to see if that helps.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #7
thepartyman
New DSMtalker

95 gst
thepartyman's Gallery

With slipping the clutch you can go up to 5k no problem even higher if its just a fun car!!!!! You could launch like a beast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement