Positive COTD thread idea - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > Other Stuff > DSMtalk.com Stuff

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
FunWheelDrive
Ultra DSMtalker

███
FunWheelDrive's Gallery
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Positive COTD thread idea

I know lately the mods have been wanting the lounge to be a little more upbeat and was thinking this might be acceptable. We have the no cars of the day rule, but I was under the impression that was made to prevent bashing(as a lot of the cars posted were ricey or silly), but some of the threads have cool pieces of automotive history and beautiful builds.

I was thinking we could have one thread for cool cars that we find for sale or being worked on. Just an idea.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
hawaiifiveoh
Ultra DSMtalker

Hotwheels
hawaiifiveoh's Gallery
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Re: Positive COTD thread idea

Sounds like a good idea, shouldn't clutter up too much, every now and then there is something definitely worth sharing.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
MacGSX
Ridiculous DSMtalker

'99 GSX '15 F350 Lariat
MacGSX's Gallery
Feedback Score: 36 reviews

Thought there were no drunk threads other the "teh drunk" too? Would be kinda the same thing.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #4
shott17
Honorary Moderator

04 2500HD,97 TSI AWD
shott17's Gallery
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

FWD, my personal outlook on this is the same as yours. There have been a few I have let go and I think you will find the rest of the mod team on board as well. I have no problem at all with cars being posted that have been found that have relevance.

I hate seeing the Ebay rice boxes and others posted just to be bashed. A while back there were 2 or 3 threads a day were this was the only reason for them being posted. (hence the rule being made)

Like the Fitipaldi talon that was posted for example. I found that to not be a car of the day. And the thing with these threads, is that it is ultimately the mod teams discretion to decide the reason they were posted. If you or any one else finds something worth posting for a reason other than being bashed and people can keep their posts to "tasteful observations" by all means they will stay.

There are no drunk threads. And teh drunk thread was allowed to stay because at one point it was entertaining. The last couple pages failed to entertain and it ended up with posting about intoxicated operation. It was closed. That is the standard here. If it is acceptable it will stay. If not, it will go.

All the moderators here have their own look on things. Most of you can realize I am a very traditional moderator. I am still very dedicated to running the forum as it was run when this community was still great. Some mods are not as traditional as I am, and therefore tend to let things slide. And though it has gone down hill alot since then, I still am holding strong in the beleif that with the proper direction it can still come back a bit. It will never be like it was with the infestation of the new generations that don't have the drive to be real enthusiests. But it can still improve.

I hope you can appreciate our stand on this, and if not then so be it. But the bottom line comes down to "is this content releative to DSMTalk, or the community here. And if not(in the lounge's case) does it belong here, or have a potential for being a positive contribution."

DSMTalk Master Rules!
shott17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
shott17
Honorary Moderator

04 2500HD,97 TSI AWD
shott17's Gallery

Furthermore, FWD, if you would like to start this thread you are talking about and post some good material, I will happily sticky it. Please post in the original post the intent of the thread and request that bashing be kept to constructive critisizm. I also ask that you keep an eye on the threads progression and if something is posted out of context or in bad taste that you report it to us for removal so the thread stays on course with your intent.

DSMTalk Master Rules!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
FunWheelDrive
Ultra DSMtalker

███
FunWheelDrive's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by shott17 View Post
Furthermore, FWD, if you would like to start this thread you are talking about and post some good material, I will happily sticky it. Please post in the original post the intent of the thread and request that bashing be kept to constructive critisizm. I also ask that you keep an eye on the threads progression and if something is posted out of context or in bad taste that you report it to us for removal so the thread stays on course with your intent.
Sounds straight forward enough, thanks. I dont have anything to post right now, it was just an idea, but maybe I will find something soon or if someone else feels compelled to do so that is totally fine too.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
HOT97ECLIPSEGSX
Site Administrator

1997 Mitsu Eclipse GSX
HOT97ECLIPSEGSX's Gallery
Feedback Score: 27 reviews

I do not approve. JK FWD. : )

DSMtalk Rules and FAQ!!
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - 12.281 @ 115.85 MPH (KCIR) - Weekend Terrorizor
2012 Subaru Impreza Limited AWD - The Daily
HOT97ECLIPSEGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
Jp90Talon
Senior Moderator

90 Talon TSI AWD
Jp90Talon's Gallery
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

One issue we had besides the people posting just to bash vehicles was people that did not have access to the Classifieds would try and be sneaky. They would post up a "look at this amazing deal I found on CL/Ebay" thread trying to advertise their own sale. So thats another reason we have a no CL/Ebay thread policy.

Click Here For Instant Enlightenment!
10 Hundred Racing
Duckin' beer cans and rollin' 50 deep.
Jp90Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #9
MyBoostedGST
Ultra DSMtalker

90 TSI FWD
MyBoostedGST's Gallery
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp90Talon View Post
One issue we had besides the people posting just to bash vehicles was people that did not have access to the Classifieds would try and be sneaky. They would post up a "look at this amazing deal I found on CL/Ebay" thread trying to advertise their own sale. So thats another reason we have a no CL/Ebay thread policy.
I'm not going to lie, I never even thought of this. Props top you guys for catching that.

-Steve Prefontaine
MyBoostedGST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:04 PM   #10
FunWheelDrive
Ultra DSMtalker

███
FunWheelDrive's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBoostedGST View Post
I'm not going to lie, I never even thought of this. Props top you guys for catching that.
Same here haha.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #11
shott17
Honorary Moderator

04 2500HD,97 TSI AWD
shott17's Gallery

I know of a few first hand that have tried to pull it. But like I said that is stuff that will be removed from any such thread. I would say something would have to be unique and not just some stock or lightly modded DSM to be posted. Because otherwise what is the point?

DSMTalk Master Rules!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #12
Snot Rocket
Hardcore DSMtalker

Mitsubishi/GSX/1990
Snot Rocket's Gallery
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

I kinda hope is not just limited to DSM's. I would like to see some of the members other rides.
Snot Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #13
shott17
Honorary Moderator

04 2500HD,97 TSI AWD
shott17's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snot Rocket View Post
I kinda hope is not just limited to DSM's. I would like to see some of the members other rides.

This apparently dead ended with the idea. But I don't see why other vehicles that generate interest could not be incorporated.

DSMTalk Master Rules!
Old 06-15-2011, 11:39 PM   #14
HOT97ECLIPSEGSX
Site Administrator

1997 Mitsu Eclipse GSX
HOT97ECLIPSEGSX's Gallery
Feedback Score: 27 reviews

LoL I looked at my reply like "Why TF didn't I approve..." and then I saw what I did there...

DSMtalk Rules and FAQ!!
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - 12.281 @ 115.85 MPH (KCIR) - Weekend Terrorizor
2012 Subaru Impreza Limited AWD - The Daily
HOT97ECLIPSEGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:48 PM   #15
turboneal
Super DSMtalker

Mitsu/Eclipse GS-T/ '97
turboneal's Gallery
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by shott17 View Post
And though it has gone down hill alot since then, I still am holding strong in the beleif that with the proper direction it can still come back a bit. It will never be like it was with the infestation of the new generations that don't have the drive to be real enthusiests. But it can still improve.
"Real" DSM enthusiasts drive dodge trucks I guess? At least it's a TURBO diesel... lol

-Neal
turboneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement