Who's all still around? - Page 4 - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > Other Stuff > Lounge

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:46 PM   #46
MacGSX
Ridiculous DSMtalker

'99 GSX '15 F350 Lariat
MacGSX's Gallery
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Re: Who's all still around?

This year marks 8 years since mine blew up. I too typed this site in randomly for no reason. See you all in a few months.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:40 AM   #47
SLEEPS
Ultra DSMtalker

93 D21 beater
SLEEPS's Gallery
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Just got my password reset after a while of not being on here. No DSM or Mitsu anymore. Just another honda beater now. I dont like working on the cars as much as I used to. Got a kid now, little girl almost 2 years old so that is all I worry about now. Good to see of peeps still around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandoAWD View Post
Forum users are generally idiots.
SLEEPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 03:34 AM   #48
nettslash
Hardcore DSMtalker

91 TSi awd
nettslash's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I’ve lurked the boards a few times a year ever since it turned into a ghost town. It’s sad since this website was very fun and informative throughout my teen years and the beginning of my twenties.

The last 6 or 7 years have been good to me. Finally got my head out my ass and served in the Marine Corps for 5 years. Made the mistake of being a POG, but after all said and done, it has allowed me to work in the aviation maintenance field.

Unfortunately no Dsm or any sort of fun car at the moment. Looking to get something and always wanted to try v8 rwd. At the same time, I’m finally making the kind of money that would let me build a very nice Dsm. These are the cars I cut my teeth on and I’d love to build a nice one. Then again, I think about all the headaches and how difficult certain parts are going to be to find. And then there’s the issue with manual transmissions and their limits, ~500 ftlbs at the tire if my memory serves me.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:58 PM   #49
lazylaser

97 talon tsi awd 6 bolt
lazylaser's Gallery
Feedback Score: 27 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15psi88 View Post
Aye boy lemme' turn those rollers.
Two Brothers Tuning,
PM me if your serious. Bought a place to set it up, working on that now. Broken leg delayed things but post-shootout It should be up and running again.

I'm going to the shootout this year.

NETSLASH - I was AVGCS for the AF , working on KC135s opened up a big world for me when I got out.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:39 AM   #50
cupa-joe
Ultra DSMtalker

Galant Vr-4
cupa-joe's Gallery

I'm still around and continuing my saga... kidding for the most part cars been solid I daily'd it for 12k miles year round in AK after running [email protected] for two years back to back with minor breaks.

I stop in time to time but unfortunately forums seems to be dead for the most part thanks to FB. Tuners still has some activity but ehh.

Hope everyone had a great Fourth of July!
Daily Beater (1242) 8.5:1 Mahle/Scat | 7 blade HX40 (BEP .55 A/R) | Evo3 manifold |Cyclone Intake | SBC 2700#/4-puck ceramic | DKS 272 | Kiggly Valve Springs | 3" Side Exit | Walbro 450 | Bosch High-Z 2200cc | BR7ES @ .025 | Flex fuel (E85) | DSMlink V3 (SD) 543awhp/460awtq (2019)

FULL BUILD SPEC SHEET ===>GVR4 1242/2000
cupa-joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:59 PM   #51
HOT97ECLIPSEGSX
Site Administrator

1997 Mitsu Eclipse GSX
HOT97ECLIPSEGSX's Gallery
Feedback Score: 27 reviews

So what's used for hosting pics these days? I guess I could use Imgur? I wanted to post some updated pics of shitbox v2.0 for all to see

DSMtalk Rules and FAQ!!
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - 12.281 @ 115.85 MPH (KCIR) - Weekend Terrorizor
2012 Subaru Impreza Limited AWD - The Daily
HOT97ECLIPSEGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:15 AM   #52
LatDSM
Elite DSMtalker

TSi AWD A/T
LatDSM's Gallery
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT97ECLIPSEGSX View Post
So what's used for hosting pics these days? I guess I could use Imgur? I wanted to post some updated pics of shitbox v2.0 for all to see
This is why I resorted to using the Gallery on the site. At least, if and when, then both will die together.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:58 AM   #53
brokeawd
Hardcore DSMtalker

90 Eagle Talon TSi,
brokeawd's Gallery

Popped in to see what was happening on here after finally getting my email and password reset. I miss this place.

-If you post after me, the terrorist's will win.-
brokeawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:08 PM   #54
CrackedDSM
Ridiculous DSMtalker

95 TSI AWD Auto
CrackedDSM's Gallery
Feedback Score: 26 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeawd View Post
Popped in to see what was happening on here after finally getting my email and password reset. I miss this place.

Same.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:56 PM   #55
kronus
Ridiculous DSMtalker

'98 GS - '97 TSi AWD
kronus's Gallery
Feedback Score: 26 reviews

Wow. I can't remember the last time I logged in here. Got tired of forgetting which of my many passwords I used here so I just let it slip.

I frequent Tuners, as I still prefer the forum vs. social media, but it's sad to see how dead this place is now. It's been years, and I only had something like 16 new posts since I last visited.

Life has changed a lot. I think I was 16 when I first signed up here. Now I'm 31, a wife and three kids, working on a property portfolio... still have a DSM though. Not my teal 1gb, but a 2gb TSi. I'd post on here about it, but I don't know if anyone that remembered me would even see my post. Miss this place a lot. Really defined who I was as a 'car guy' when I was younger.
kronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:42 PM   #56
brokeawd
Hardcore DSMtalker

90 Eagle Talon TSi,
brokeawd's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronus View Post
Wow. I can't remember the last time I logged in here. Got tired of forgetting which of my many passwords I used here so I just let it slip.

I frequent Tuners, as I still prefer the forum vs. social media, but it's sad to see how dead this place is now. It's been years, and I only had something like 16 new posts since I last visited.

Life has changed a lot. I think I was 16 when I first signed up here. Now I'm 31, a wife and three kids, working on a property portfolio... still have a DSM though. Not my teal 1gb, but a 2gb TSi. I'd post on here about it, but I don't know if anyone that remembered me would even see my post. Miss this place a lot. Really defined who I was as a 'car guy' when I was younger.
I def remember you. Wasnt your 1g a conversion?

-If you post after me, the terrorist's will win.-
brokeawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement