Rook's White Bitch. The never ending build. - Page 6 - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > Other Stuff > Build Diary

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 05:56 AM   #76
DSM Rook

Eagle Talon TSi 90
DSM Rook's Gallery
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Re: Rook's White Bitch. The never ending build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draki
That POR-15 sound like some tough stuff, but it's expensive. How much did you need for your car? Does it take alot to do anything?
I probably used 2 quarts on my car. The rear subframe and all is powdercoat. Some area's I wasn't happy with, seem to not be holding but on the whole its ok. I picked up a powdercoat set and just a old basic oven. I hope to do all of my small parts my self and get the big stuff sent out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2008, 02:47 PM   #77
DSM Rook

Eagle Talon TSi 90
DSM Rook's Gallery

Done with the pretty, back to the ugly
Well I've used up all my nice new pretty parts. I managed to fit my new e-brake cables using new stainless hardware. Mounted up my trailing arms with new wheel bearings, dust sheilds and toe link eliminators. I also have new eccentric bolts. Lower arms are in with poly bushings, new sway bar endlinks and bushings as well as new ball joints.

Sexy arms

Under shot

More pretty parts

Full under the ass shot

I'll be bolting up the 4 bolt cups in a few. My old struts are going back in. Didn't take time to clean these up, theres some rust and what not. They'll be fine for winter. Also I have ingals upper arms but they too have seen some miles and aren't pretty. Then I can drop this focker down and get it turned around
Old 11-16-2008, 04:54 PM   #78
DSM Rook

Eagle Talon TSi 90
DSM Rook's Gallery

MONSTER TRUCKIN

Ok so after maybe a year? My car has all 4 wheels on the ground. I think its safe to say my suspension needs to settle. No time for that though, I need to build my other engine and swap them.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #79
Got Insulin?
Ultra DSMtalker

782/2000
Got Insulin?'s Gallery
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

Congrats, man!

782/2000: JSB
S13 vert: SCd KA
Old 11-22-2008, 03:38 PM   #80
airjordan56
DSMtalker

95 eclipse gsx
airjordan56's Gallery
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Time for an update!
Old 11-22-2008, 04:15 PM   #81
DSM Rook

Eagle Talon TSi 90
DSM Rook's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by airjordan56 View Post
Time for an update!
As of right now the engine that was in the car with 6 miles on it, is out.

Short story
Had a JDM engine in my car for most of its life. My bro had a forged piston/1g rod 6 bolt in his 96. He later decided to sell his 96 in rather stock form. SO I gave him my JDM engine for his 'built' 6 bolt.
I decided to have it checked out by a reputable builder and cleaned up. During that time I came into a 1g/2g short block and threw a head on it with some stainless valves and crower springs. I dumped it into my car knowing it would end up in a 93 I picked up for my dad.
I got my car running with the dolled up engine bay, drove to the gas station and back, 6 miles. I noticed the smell of fuel, after checking my car out I found the hard return line had a hole in it which caused me to rip apart my rear half. Shortly after my other short block was done.

SO this is why I'm playing musical engines. The engine going in is a Ross piston, 1g rod. New oem pump, no balance shafts. I'll be mating the head up with a mitsu multi layer head gasket and some arp studs. The head has stainless SI valves, bronze guides and SI dual springs. Stock cams are going in for now but I have a set of HKS 272's waiting for me to save for a bigger turbo. I'll be running my ported EVO3 16g turbo with my new FP manifold which just came back from Jet Hot. I'm keeping my Punishment Racing o2 housing with dump. I'll be fabbing up a new upper ic pipe to mate with my Magnus which I picked up from a buddy for helping him on his cars. I have a new ACT flywheel to go on with my old 2600/street disc which has some life left. That'll help me break in my Shep tranny which has double syncro 1-2 and 3-4 with a 4gear spider and all the other upgradable goodies.

Oh and all of this on some 2g 5spoke rims with Dunlop Winter Sport M3 tires

I'll get some pics of the engine crap later on. Feeling a bit under the weather so I'm slackin.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:14 PM   #82
T_K
Hardcore DSMtalker

2003 BMW 530i
T_K's Gallery
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM Rook View Post

So I wanted my gauges where my controls were. But what to do with the controls?

Ready for fiberglass. I plan to glass the controls flush. I removed the overlays so I can add them back. In this location everything is fully functional. Even the lights.

I'm very interested how exactly you managed this, because I tried the same thing myself and couldn't get the cables to work right. They need just the right amount of tension and I tried various routes but in the end gave up. If you got the right recipe I might try again
Old 11-25-2008, 12:25 AM   #83
IggyBcool
Richard's Biggest Fan

04 M3, 05 Evo MR
IggyBcool's Gallery
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Damn, nice thread!!! Good job!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:08 AM   #84
DSM Rook

Eagle Talon TSi 90
DSM Rook's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_K View Post
I'm very interested how exactly you managed this, because I tried the same thing myself and couldn't get the cables to work right. They need just the right amount of tension and I tried various routes but in the end gave up. If you got the right recipe I might try again
You need to modify the inner dash support. I snapped a couple pics along with my mount for the control knobs (note, the mounting plate was sheet metal, I picked up a piece of aluminum from loews and used that so its a little nicer and stronger)

Now once you get to here it'll take you a couple tries as to getting the cable just right in that metal clip. You'll have to rotate the knob fully and adjust as needed.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:21 AM   #85
T_K
Hardcore DSMtalker

2003 BMW 530i
T_K's Gallery

Thanks, I'll try that. I didn't think of cutting new holes but I guess that's the only way.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:39 PM   #86
DSM Rook

Eagle Talon TSi 90
DSM Rook's Gallery

Quote:
Thanks, I'll try that. I didn't think of cutting new holes but I guess that's the only way.
It gives the cables a more direct root. You should be able to tell by the pics roughly where to cut. I used a uni bit that goes up to 7/8" because I wasn't exactly sure where to drill, give a little extra room.
Good luck.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:32 PM   #87
T_K
Hardcore DSMtalker

2003 BMW 530i
T_K's Gallery

I recall you put some dynamat on the floor, do you plan to, um, improve the interior in any other way? Doesn't it rattle with the poly mounts? I'm asking since it looks you're going religious on this car I'm going to tear my car apart in a month and dynamat (well, raammat and other types) all of the sheetmetal inside and also pad all the hollow interior plastic pieces so they don't rattle anymore. I hope this will make the interior feel a lot more solid and classier. Another option is also filling them with great stuff. I'm going to check out the local stores for other ideas.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #88
DSM Rook

Eagle Talon TSi 90
DSM Rook's Gallery

Quote:
I recall you put some dynamat on the floor, do you plan to, um, improve the interior in any other way? Doesn't it rattle with the poly mounts? I'm asking since it looks you're going religious on this car I'm going to tear my car apart in a month and dynamat (well, raammat and other types) all of the sheetmetal inside and also pad all the hollow interior plastic pieces so they don't rattle anymore. I hope this will make the interior feel a lot more solid and classier. Another option is also filling them with great stuff. I'm going to check out the local stores for other ideas.
My car vibrates more then a cheap hotel coin operated bed. I'm using FatMat as recommended by a few friends who do stereo stuff. I have lined the front half of the car and will do the rear half as well. I hope to have enough for the doors. Interior wise I've used loctite on all the bolts and will be using felt tape or foam tape between some panels as well as around some of the clips.

I do have new poly engine mounts, no blance shafts, poly subframe bushings front and rear as well as poly suspension bushings. My car is stiff to say the least. My dash was actually cracked, the plastic around one of the mounting holes. I tend to think it was from vibrations because it was not there when I bought the car.

Other interior mods are Sparco seats, Home Depot carpet from the firewall to the rear wall, no rear seats, battery in the trunk, Inifinty speakers and amp and a small tool kit (what dsmer doesn't have tools?)

Hope this helps you some. My interior was rather quiet, but with some more changes I hope it stays that way. I plan to drive this car year round and I have taken it on long trips, such as 6 hours, so comfort is a concern.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #89
T_K
Hardcore DSMtalker

2003 BMW 530i
T_K's Gallery

Isn't it sad that to us 1G DSMers luxury means just a non-rattling interior and air conditioning is a totally outlandish concept
Old 11-26-2008, 05:56 AM   #90
DSM Rook

Eagle Talon TSi 90
DSM Rook's Gallery

Quote:
Isn't it sad that to us 1G DSMers luxury means just a non-rattling interior and air conditioning is a totally outlandish concept
LOL, well I work at a Porsche dealership so I kind of know what a nice car should be like. I figure the little things I'm doing will give me a bit more comfort. I'm putting a/c back into the car this spring and also the FatMat has a shipped weight of 30lbs. I think I'd rather have comfort and a quieter car then worry about that little bit of extra weight. Thats what more power is for anyway right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread