DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Project 2G DSM Auto 8's and Street Driven

35K views 172 replies 31 participants last post by  Revolution 
#1 ·
New project this year is to convert my 5 speed 1997 Talon AWD to an Auto, and go after that 8 second mark while keeping the car streetable. The car has gone 9.6@159Mph with the 5 speed, at 3250lbs. And when it comes to auto's the natural choice is the crew at English Racing, thanks to Lucas, Jeff, Arron, and Myles. I hope I can tuck into the draft behind you guys :) I will still be running a full sequential Spark Tech ignition system, but pretty much everything else on the car is going to be changed, and I mean everything! Going to be running Comp triple as usual on the car as it has all been an outstanding performer both in power and spool but also in durability. More to come

Video of the car going 9.6@157, and on the dyno

See less See more
1 4
#76 ·
Machined some reducers to reduce 1 5/8ths Chrome Moly tubing down to one 1'' for the front rad support and rear supports. The front rad support is then being held in place by aero quality quick pins as will be the front trans mount! {thumbup}

Picture of the reducer Tig'd in place on the front frame support, the stock front frame rail is still being used to just past the front subframe :)

Front rad support mounted and held in with quick pins for quick removal :)

#82 ·
I want that chute lever

#85 ·
I will post more pics as things come together and yes its been a ton of work I have 30-40 hrs of tig welding alone on the chassis up to this point :) Thanks again to Kris B for the awsome job of welding hes done on the car!

#90 ·
So got a package in the mail from Justin over at Comp Turbo and I thought my last 74mm triple ball bearing turbo was amazing, made 1000hp at 35Psi and spooled up easily on my 2.3L. Well this new turbo puts that turbo back 10 years this thing is a piece of art! Billet wheel!, Billet center section with triple ball bearings, V - bands on all connections, tap turbo drain hole! Thanks again Justin you truely out did yourself again can't wait to see what kind of power this thing is going to make :) Been running Comp Turbos since they were ITS with 100% satisfaction and zero failures and amazing performace!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.