DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Evo Rollcall

28K views 100 replies 36 participants last post by  1990 Dsm Gsx 
#1 · (Edited)
One pic of your DSM (past or present).
One pic of your EVO.

The Red slut......

The short lived "back in Black"

Finally, The "silver bullet"

See less See more
#29 ·
eagle claw said:
Also what are some good EVO forums?
DSMTalk :D

Seriously, that's the million dollar question. I have yet to find a decent Evo forum. I've tried so hard to like EvoM, but I can't come around to it (and I don't think I'm the only one who feels like this). There are some local Evo forums, but it just seems as though the Evo community is built on shop alliances/etc. I think I'm bitter about Evo Forums in general. I miss the dsm Digest days, and I think I can't get into the Evo community becuase there is not sense of community. I think it has to do with the internet's modern accessibility to douche bags, or maybe the fact that everyone is out to make a buck off of everyone else.

Sorry for the rant, Back to the sweet pics!

#30 ·
gSx-LeX said:
DSMTalk :D

Seriously, that's the million dollar question. I have yet to find a decent Evo forum. I've tried so hard to like EvoM, but I can't come around to it (and I don't think I'm the only one who feels like this). There are some local Evo forums, but it just seems as though the Evo community is built on shop alliances/etc. I think I'm bitter about Evo Forums in general. I miss the dsm Digest days, and I think I can't get into the Evo community becuase there is not sense of community. I think it has to do with the internet's modern accessibility to douche bags, or maybe the fact that everyone is out to make a buck off of everyone else.

Sorry for the rant, Back to the sweet pics!
Agreed! Evo forums are SO different. Definitely not a fan of EvoM. I've yet to find a decent Evo forum.

Great pick up Casey! Congrats!!

#33 ·
fanaticdsm-er said:
Gsx lex I see you live in maryland which shop around here are you aligned to? Haha cause most of the evo owners i know dont even do there own work. They just get shiops to do EVERYTHING!
No kidding. Whenever other Evo owners ask me what mods I have, it's always followed by "What shop installed it for you?" it's a little ridiculous. I'm tired of all the shop nut swinging.

#36 ·
fanaticdsm-er said:
Gsx lex I see you live in maryland which shop around here are you aligned to? Haha cause most of the evo owners i know dont even do there own work. They just get shiops to do EVERYTHING!
gSx-LeX said:
No kidding. Whenever other Evo owners ask me what mods I have, it's always followed by "What shop installed it for you?" it's a little ridiculous. I'm tired of all the shop nut swinging.
That's because a lot of people with evos bought them b/c they want a fast car not because they are passionate about cars. They say if I buy this car and then have these parts put on I'll be the shit! :chair: Evo owners who have evolved from DSM's are different though.

Personally I don't think I really want to put my hands on my evo. I've already got one project, when the evo begins to get mods I don't know if I will want to be bothered doing the work. Of course all maintenance has been and will continue to be done by me.

#38 ·
I feel like I'm at a cross roads now. I don't want to turn the Evo into a project car (smells bad, not comfortable, loud etc). I'm at the point where any more mods, and I'm going to start looking for a DD (and I don't even have many mods). Right now I'm putting around 320 WHP reliably. That's plenty for me on the Autox track.

I love having a fast comfortable daily driver.

#41 ·
Not bad Joe!

#46 ·
It's funny, it seems like almost all of the Evo owners still have their DSM's, but they are all stock. Can't keep being able to pay for mods on both cars? lol

Evo's are pretty much my dream car (Within reason Dream Car..). I hope one day to be able to afford one.

#61 ·
It's funny, it seems like almost all of the Evo owners still have their DSM's, but they are all stock. Can't keep being able to pay for mods on both cars? lol
What punisher said. Plus, the Evo is just so right from the factory, a whole lot of "mods" make things worse, particulary common first mods like air intakes and BOVs. I'm enjoying the warranty period and the fact that I don't worry about taking it on long trips before I do anything serious to it. I'm saving for a nice set of Volks and JDM tyte CO's before I do anything else past the cat-back and drop in filter I have now.

#47 ·
MyBoostedGST said:

Evo's are pretty much my dream car (Within reason Dream Car..). I hope one day to be able to afford one.
Its just not practical to have a heavily modified daily driver. One car has to be the reliable grocery getter.

#48 ·
Here are my current lovers. The dsm is the daily and the evo is a roller as of 2 months ago. She will be back out for the weekends in the spring. Come spring time i may sell the spyder since my mom is in a financial pretzel.

And eventually pick up another one while i make some money getting to work in a honda crx or something lol. I was always considering an acura tl also, i think thats a sweet daily. But yea it's the least i could do for her after raising me up on my feet. Dsm's will always be a part of me though, i love them.:eek:

#50 ·
Hmm...you just motivated me to install my lip. Haha i've had it sealed in my basement for the longest time. Not that it matters, the bumper won't be back on for months.:(

full photo shoot when you pick her up:burnout:

#51 ·
Thanks man. Yeah the car is gorgeous, I love the lip, definitely makes the 8's front end much nicer.

A photoshoot will happen when I get her, I'll post 'em up!

I find it funny that the color scheme of the EVO and my DSM are identical LOL.

EDIT: Lostspyder, where in North Jersey are you from? I'm in Bergen County.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.