DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Finally picked up an Evo, a true steal!

26K views 125 replies 56 participants last post by  CE9A 
#1 ·
Drove it home for $5k a few weeks ago. A trailer had backed into it so my buddy let me have it for cheap. No frame or pillar damage at all, 13k miles on her, clean title etc. It is bone stock minus AMS 3" turbo back exhaust, and stance GR+ pro coil overs.

When it was in the accident:

Here it is picking it up:

Here she sits now. I have replaced the passenger side doors, side-skirt and fender. Still waiting for my headlight and side mirror. I have put about $700 into it so far in repairs for all my parts. Now I will just need some paint and I'll be good to go. Also decided to get rid of the 18x9.5 rota p45r's it came with.

See less See more
#39 ·
You really need to google Salvage cars and learn before commenting.

Typically they salvage a car when the cost to repair it exceeds 75% of its value. So, if you have a 1995 GSX where the technical resale value is probably $3500, a fender bender would total the car, and it would be salvage if repaired. Understand?

#53 ·
Car looks beautiful man, I envy you. I also see why you didn't chose the talon but that was still a fucking amazing car too :) Enjoy my man can't wait to see the pics.

#54 ·
I keep trying to think how the f- something like this happened. Someone must have really hated this dude lol.

#58 · (Edited)
Thanks. And just beacuse you have 500hp does not mean it has to be a drag car. There are more then a handful of stock appearing evo's with more then 500+hp.

Anyways, car did awesome for the shootout trip, minus the clutch which was on its way out.

Took it out last night for its last time out for the season. Its getting what I'll call the "stage 1" of my car which will be fueled by E85. I'd like too test out this stock turbo which is proven to be pretty awesome. I'll do the STM setup like I wanted for 2011 :)

Here's my "stage 1" list:
AMS FMIC - In transit with Fedex
Walbro 255 - Check
1000cc injectors
Tactrix cable v1.3
Exedy Twin HD
10.5 Evo 9 Hotside for my Stock 8 turbo.
MAPerformance o2 housing dump
Kelford? 272's
Tial BOV
AEM Wideband
Oh, and a headlight. LOL

Pix from yesterdays meet:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.