DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Advice Needed for component speakers with BASS

26K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  abhiitiwarii516 
#1 ·
Hey guys im new here. I need advice on what are the best component speakers for music like rap, rock and metal. Im looking for speakers that would pick up good bass. I was planning on buying the alpine type r spr-17s but after a bit of research i learned that there best for listening to country and the blues. Btw its going into the doors of a spyder. just curious are there other brand components that are made specifically for bass?

#2 ·
Well if there going into the doors there only 6 1/2" speakers, so dont expect to get much bass out of them. I had JL Audio speakers in the fronts on my car and it sounded pretty good. Before that I had a set of Alpine type S, that still sounded good but not as good as the JL's.

#4 ·
Don't you mean Rockford Fosbreak?...lol j/k. Nothing against Rockford, however, I haven't heard too many good things about their products. Never have had them personally but have installed them before and a month or two later the customer needed them replaced. The brand I live by for interior speakers is Polk Momo. I have the 6.5" Momo components in the front and the Momo 6x9" 3-ways in the rear and they sound phenomenal. They do provide a lot of bass when needed and I recommend deadening the doors so they do not rattle. What type of deck are you planning on running with the new components?

#13 ·
I am looking for bass, but i am a little weiry about getting subs and putting it in the trunk, because im sure its going to rattle like crazy. does dynomat do that great of a job? the thing is almost every speaker ive ever owned whether its a 6.5 or 6x9 they all end up blowing and i did have a sub running also. so basically this tiime around i want to get some quality components and be able to crank the volume without worrying about them blowing. obviously im only going to crank it only when its connected properly to an amp. i have no faith in running speakers to decks because ive blown alot of speakers by doing it that way.

#17 ·
As I stated earlier in my previous post I stick with Polk. Either the standard series or the Momo series. Never had any issues with either type. They can handle quite a bit of power, especially the Momo series. Just my opinion and experience. In my old setup I was running an MTX 564 4-channel amp on two sets of Momo 6.5" components and they were incredibly clear and had quite a bit of bass for just 6.5" woofers. Now I just have them running off of my Pioneer D1 and they still sound great.

#26 ·
Hey guys im new here. I need advice on what are the best component speakers for music like rap, rock and metal. Im looking for speakers that would pick up good bass. I was planning on buying the alpine type r spr-17s but after a bit of research i learned that there best for listening to country and the blues. Btw its going into the doors of a spyder. just curious are there other brand components that are made specifically for bass?
Recently i have also searched the best one for my car. After that buying JBL GTO629. You will get lots of brand in the market but before selecting one, you must read some review from online. In this time, the bellow items are in the top rated-

• Polk Audio DB6501
  • JBL GTO629
  • Infinity Kappa 60.11CS
  • BOSS Audio CH6CK

Hope this will help you. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.