My trip to Turbo XS (Coolest road trip ever!) - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com > Other Stuff > Lounge

DSMTalk.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-20-2002, 05:54 PM   #1
nismo

nismo's Gallery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My trip to Turbo XS (Coolest road trip ever!)

Today I was sitting in the computer labs up at school, and my friend Keith signed onto AIM. "Wanna goto Turbo XS?" he asks. Hell yeah. So he came down and picked me up in his WRX, and off we were. The ride from Harrisburg to Gaithersburg wasn't bad at all, but once we got to Gaithersburg is where everything cool started happening. We arrived there and the directions we had told us to take a right off of 270, little did we know this was a wrong turn, so we drive down the road a little ways and realize the directions aren't right. So we turn around and come back up the street, to the right we see the coolest car dealership ever. Chevy, Lotus, and Lamborghini. We had to check it out. Being from Central Pennsylvania we don't see Lambo's and Lotuses every day. That was very cool, on the way down, we stop at this stop light and what is merging onto the road in front of us? A red 3rd Gen RX-7 with a body kit.. Not any bodykit, but the Veilside kit. Gah.. So sexy. So we drive and look around and finally find Turbo XS and go in. Mark (owner) is a really cool guy, and has a nice WRX, and Phil (i think his name is) another guy that works there, has a really really nice black sedan. Cool guys. So my buddy picks up his RFL, and I get a price list for my friend, and we are off. The way back is pretty decent, we got lost in town. Left turn instead of right, so we are going back up 270 and we see these cop lights in the distance? Wtf? All the sudden we see a black (turbo im guessing b/c it was loud and fast) 2nd Gen DSM in a high speed police chase, and let me tell you something, he was putting bus lengths on the cops, it was sooooooooooo cool. He had to be doing atleast 135+mph and he took it into the median, we didn't get to see what exactly happened after that but it was cool. Not that I'm rooting for him, but it was nice to see a DSM laying the smack down like that. The rest of the ride home was pretty lack luster, aside from seeing a few more awesome cars (porsches, zo6s). All in all it was a good day
nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2002, 07:28 PM   #2
Stldave2
Elite DSMtalker

You Wish.
Stldave2's Gallery
Yeah, well..... I followed a silver Panoz esperante for about 10 minutes the other day! Lol, sounds like a good time...
Stldave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 08:43 PM   #3
Veritable Saint

Veritable Saint's Gallery
I live in gaithersburg and I have no idea what turbo xs is. Is it the same thing as Altered Atmosphere?
Veritable Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 08:51 PM   #4
Veritable Saint

Veritable Saint's Gallery
Well after doing a search for Turbo XS, i've found out it's not the same as altered atmosphere. Altered atmosphere is about a mile away from that lambo dealership and they have an awd dyno, and america's quickest stealth.
Veritable Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 09:07 PM   #5
97tegsoondsm

97tegsoondsm's Gallery
i saw a 240/ s15 conversion today
black and sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sexy
fuck i want that car
97tegsoondsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 07:24 AM   #6
nismo

nismo's Gallery
Turbo XS also has a AWD dyno. I think its funny that in a couple of weeks the only two AWD dynos on the east coast will be on the same block.
nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 12:34 PM   #7
magis123

magis123's Gallery
Hey Phil,

Phil got so excited he almost jizzed all over my seats on this whole trip...he was pretty bad...

He forgot to mention the plethora of police we saw both on the way down and the way back...I think our final tally was something like 40 police cruisers...

Unfortunately, I am somewhat of a granny in my car, don't think we had it over 80 hardly any of the trip except on the way back...after you blow by a cop at 135 in a 40 MPH zone...you learn that it just isn't worth it...LOL...

He also forgot to mention the 240SX that wanted to race us on the way back just south of Gettysburg, man I was only at half pedal and keeping him at bay...it was pathetic...and sounded pathetic...

All in all, it was a blast, I got my BOV and it took me all of 5 minutes to install in my driveway...

Oh and Phil, I am working on what I discussed with you...give me a little bit of time...
magis123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 01:48 PM   #8
LD
DSMtalker

95 Eclipse GSX
LD's Gallery
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The dealership is Criswell. I live a block from there. They always have Michael Westbrooks Lambo there( plays football for the Redskins). There are a few REAL nice RX7's and also alot of riced out Hondas around. I can relate to The Eclipse you saw running from the police. I merged onto 270 about 3 miles from the Criswell dealership one dayand never looked behind me. I got it upto 130mph and when I slowed up for the exit at Criswell I looked in my mirror and there he was. Never got me on radar but gave me 2 tickets. one for reckless driving $120 for a four lane change(HOV to exit),and one for speed greater than reasonable. The police are everywhere here.
LD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 08:55 PM   #9
magis123

magis123's Gallery
Yeah, that Eclipse was hauling some serious ass...the only thing I can figure out was that it was a stolen vehicle because he was driving like a scene straight outta Gone In 60 Seconds....taking it down the median (I am assuming it was a GSX in hopes that it had AWD)...

As far as that dealership goes, they had a Lotus Elise and some Lambo inside the dealership but they sorta shooed us away...afraid I might do an AWD crunch over one of them...j/k

And the deal with TurboXS and Altered Atmosphere is that evidentally, AA is moving like a stone's throw away from TurboXS...possibly in the same building...both of them have AWD dyno's...that will put the only two AWD Dynopack dyno's on the East Coast within 100 feet of each other...
magis123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:24 AM   #10
manny99

manny99's Gallery
Re: My trip to Turbo XS (Coolest road trip ever!)

thats crazy!!! i live behind altered atmosphere and turbo x's and i STAY hearing their dyno's. Shit is crazy. Especially going to work, i always see some Eclipse or Talon.
manny99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:59 AM   #11
Grey91TSi

Grey91TSi's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo
Turbo XS also has a AWD dyno. I think its funny that in a couple of weeks the only two AWD dynos on the east coast will be on the same block.
Um there's a lot more than 2 http://www.stealth316.com/2-awddynos.htm. Counting that list i see roughly 30 or so somewhere on the east coast.

Last edited by Grey91TSi; 08-04-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Grey91TSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #12
eclipsesh21
New DSMtalker

Mitsubishi Eclipse 1996
eclipsesh21's Gallery

umm yeah there's definetly more than 2 AWD dynos on the east coast...

but sounds like the trip rocked.
eclipsesh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:01 AM   #13
Infinity
Hardcore DSMtalker

I am an Asshole.
Infinity's Gallery
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny99
thats crazy!!! i live behind altered atmosphere and turbo x's and i STAY hearing their dyno's. Shit is crazy. Especially going to work, i always see some Eclipse or Talon.
Wow dude, this thread was like 3 years old. You really didn't add much, but... oh well...
1995 Eclipse GSX
2010 CBR600RR
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:56 PM   #14
Blitz E-Klipz

Blitz E-Klipz's Gallery

Ok now it makes more sense.... I was confused by how a member with a 2001 join date can post something so immature and stupid.
Blitz E-Klipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:45 PM   #15
Spyder1gdsm
Hardcore DSMtalker

1993 Talon TSi AWD
Spyder1gdsm's Gallery
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

wow, someone was bored
Advertisement