DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

MacGSX's Build 2009-Present

228K views 1K replies 99 participants last post by  BISHILVR 
#1 ·
Well gents it's that time. I've been waiting about a year to make this thread and its time. As most know its a 1999 GSX. I'm keeping the stock 7 bolt but going .020 over. Since money is tighter than first expected, I'm only doing the motor for now, I had plans to get a shep tranny and some DSS axles but that will be on hold for now. Alittle history of the car. I picked it up in 2005 from an older man completly stock with 107k on the dash. I started modding it shortly after and ran a best time of 12.6 @107 last year on a terrible tune and pump gas all on a stock motor. Well here we go...

The new parts going in:
Weisco HD Pistons 8.5:1
Eagle H beam connecting rods
OEM main bolts
OEM composite head gasket
Crower Valve springs
Crower retainers
ACL race rod bearings
ACL race main bearings
ACL thrust washers
HKS 272 cams
Findanza adj cam gears
L19 head studs
Ferrea copper exhaust valves
Ferrea bronze intake valves
Ferrea intake/exhaust valve seals
Ferrea valve locks
Balance shaft elminator kit
Greddy Timing belt
OEM oil pump
PTE 880's
Walbro 255
aero afpr
dsmlink
fp 4'' intake
JMF SMIM
Q45 Throttle body
PTE 5031E
GReddy Type S BOV
DSMLINK
SSAC FMIC with fogs!!!!
Megan Oil pressure gauge
Megan Boost gauge
Megan EGT gauge
NGK AFX WB
Greddy EO-1 Boost Controller

Some pictures:

The new stuff

How she used to look:

How see looks now:

My next plate: LOL

My goal is to have this completed and TUNED by the showdown at English town on August 16th. I'll update it as I go along. ENJOY!

Jordan

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: MacGSX's Build 2009 **56K beware**

Approved! Good luck Jordan!

#4 ·

Have fun with those poly mounts. They are a PITA when you put the motor back in. I just got done putting my motor in with full poly mounts.

Looks good though, cant wait to see it all done. Good luck with your build.

#8 ·

I don't know why your using megan gauges. Why not at least go prosport?
L19 headstuds is a lot of money, why not use arp headstuds and the money you save can go to a better headgasket at least an MLS one.
Then you can get arp main and rod bolts.
I'd like to see how you put on fog lights with the ssac fmic. I kind of want to loose mine so I can put my fogs back in.
Also isn't the ngk the farthest from accurate wideband out there? I would get an uego.
Either way good luck with the build.

#9 ·

He wants Megan gauges because he saw them on my car and liked them (This is before I got my AEM WB). I have them illuminated all the time since they are tinted. You can barely see them if you're not in the driver's seat. I can see them clear as day.

#11 ·

I honestly dont have a HP/TQ goal. I just want it to be fast. Low 11's high 10's would be nice.

I have heard good and bad things about the NGK AFX just like anything else out there. I've used it for about a year and it's been good to me. The gauges, I like them. I had Autometer C2's which I wasted like 600 dollars on but they were to bright and flashy, so I went with these. The L19's are for reassurance :) And for the Head gasket, I've read a ton of reviews and everyone seems to be having luck with it so thats why I am doing what I am doing. I went with only parts that are tried and true.

Some more Pictures for people to stare at :D

Spent about an hour on her this morning just unbolting random things.

After Much dileberation and contemplating (I flipped a coin) The AC is getting pulled.

My dad scored this for me while I was away, he got it for the low price of FREE!!!

And Chris, I will beat you!

Jordan

#20 ·

So, this is day three of my build. Things are going alittle slower than expected. I spent the whole weekend hanging with the girlfriend and didnt even see the car. Now that she is back to work so am I :D

Got the transfercase pulled along with the driver side axle. The passenger side is giving me MAJOR problems since EVERY BOLT is frozen. I got a few out but still none that I need to remove it. Not to mention I've sliced three fingers trying to pry the axle from the tranny which is still stuck in there :( All in all today hasnt been to great. I had to stop for the time being before I went crazy. However once that axle is out, the motor will pop right out and I'll be done with that.

Daily Pictures

The culprit that started this all

More to come when bolts stop resisting.

Jordan

#24 ·

I'm jealous! You get to see the girlfriend for "dinner" :naughty:

Ask her...

You: "Have you ever had the num num treatment?"

Her: "Num num treatment?"

You: "You know...num num num num num num num num" (fast)

My car pissed me off because of a couple stupid things lately, too..

#25 ·

..yeah, she won't be able to deny the num num treatment...

Sick build. I too hate frozen bolts, especially when 2 days of PB Blaster doesn't break them loose. Makes me want to kick a dog or a cat, except mine.

#27 ·

Good luck, and don't let these guys change your mind for you. I did some research myself as well. And I went with the OEM composit HG too!

Granted I entended to go with A1 head studs but my budget said I had to use ARP :( Oh well *shrug* Which reminds me I need to check the torque on them since they have been heat cycled a few times now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.