DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1g front lip!

55K views 130 replies 35 participants last post by  scotthidley 
#1 ·
This is not one of those threads that will go 20 pages and fade into nothing.

I have talked to my body guy and he said he would do one for me and could mold it. It can basically be anything I design and he said he do it. He made one for his s2000 and has had a lot of feedback about it and has started the process to get it molded. He is emailing me pictures tonight/tomorrow of the process so you can get a good look.

Im opening this up the 1g guys. What design do we want? I LOVE the RMDSM 2g lip design. (see below)

Also this will be for the 90 Talon bumper

Post pictures or photoshops or whatever you want and he and I will come up with a good design that will mold easy. It can even go as fast as being a half lip, thats what his s2k lip is.

Here are a few pictures of this car which he did all the work on

Here is another one he did all the body work on and shows the stock front of the s2k for those who don't know what it looks like.

This is not a sign up or testing waters. This is a design ONLY thread. Those will come later.

swade

See less See more
#4 ·
Sounds cool, def be up for a CF one ;)

#19 ·
Yea it still has the 90 gst bumper,but this is an add-on made by some company IDK which company it is but I found this in a salvage. Its urethane too.:dunno:

#28 ·
I'm watching you...

Please make sure it looks nothing like the lip on the red car. That breaks up the lines of the car something terrible. The rest of that car is fantastic, though.

FWIW, if someone wants something similar to the red car, GTFab (IIRC) on Tuners build a "slip on" lip like that...despite us asking for a lip like swade is aiming for.

#35 ·
This is not one of those threads that will go 20 pages and fade into nothing.

I have talked to my body guy and he said he would do one for me and could mold it. It can basically be anything I design and he said he do it. He made one for his s2000 and has had a lot of feedback about it and has started the process to get it molded. He is emailing me pictures tonight/tomorrow of the process so you can get a good look.

Im opening this up the 1g guys. What design do we want? I LOVE the RMDSM 2g lip design. (see below)

Also this will be for the 90 Talon bumper

Post pictures or photoshops or whatever you want and he and I will come up with a good design that will mold easy. It can even go as fast as being a half lip, thats what his s2k lip is.

Here are a few pictures of this car which he did all the work on

Here is another one he did all the body work on and shows the stock front of the s2k for those who don't know what it looks like.

This is not a sign up or testing waters. This is a design ONLY thread. Those will come later.

swade
The RM design is nice and clean....however too much horizontal plane on the front can cause some rear end lift at high speeds, without a proper rear wing, especially on FWD cars. Just a thought....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.