DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Finally picked up an Evo, a true steal!

26K views 125 replies 56 participants last post by  CE9A 
#1 ·
Drove it home for $5k a few weeks ago. A trailer had backed into it so my buddy let me have it for cheap. No frame or pillar damage at all, 13k miles on her, clean title etc. It is bone stock minus AMS 3" turbo back exhaust, and stance GR+ pro coil overs.

When it was in the accident:

Here it is picking it up:

Here she sits now. I have replaced the passenger side doors, side-skirt and fender. Still waiting for my headlight and side mirror. I have put about $700 into it so far in repairs for all my parts. Now I will just need some paint and I'll be good to go. Also decided to get rid of the 18x9.5 rota p45r's it came with.

See less See more
#8 ·
Fucking awesome scott.

I'd love to find one that cheap that needs some loving.

And 13k on an 8, not bad at all.

#10 ·
Haha, true. A friend of mine picked one up for $6k and another friend got one for like $4k from what I heard. Both obviously needing repairs...I want in!

#14 ·
Yeah the parts will be taken off, painted, then blended to match the car.

Unless your 2g is built to go faster and more reliably then the car pictured below then no trade :p

A local dsmer offered his car for a straight trade:

#15 ·
Are you mildly fucking retarded?

I'd trade that evo for that 2g in a heartbeat.

There's $25k worth of parts in that car rounding down to the nearest thousand... Just what I can see... easy. Even if you parted that car out you would triple your money. In an eye blink.

#19 ·
Oh I didnt see the whole DD thing.

But lets say you do trade him and parting out is not an option, then you have a bad ass race car, that you did not build. Now, to some people, they would not care. But some of the fun, is building your own fast car, not just buying one already completed.

EDIT: Like mentioned above, the car will be costly to maintain. And on another note, the evo would be a bad ass weekend car/toy.

Andrew

#20 · (Edited)
Yes, I love the Evo and being able to drive it on the street whenever I desire. It will be getting a HTA 35R kit soon.

The 2g is costly, the bottom end has to be checked and often rebuilt, due to the Magnus aluminum setup. Q16 isn't exactly cheap. I don't have a trailer to get it too the track. If your going fast, you're going to break shit. I don't have a license to race it at the track. It would definitely be more fun to build my own race car, which I plan on doing in the future.

Everyone in the race scene knows who owns and built that car. It just wouldn't be right and would never be labeled as my own.

#29 ·
Awesome pick up. I would love me an Evo, but just can't afford one. Maybe some day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.