DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Finally picked up an Evo, a true steal!

26K views 125 replies 56 participants last post by  CE9A 
#1 ·
Drove it home for $5k a few weeks ago. A trailer had backed into it so my buddy let me have it for cheap. No frame or pillar damage at all, 13k miles on her, clean title etc. It is bone stock minus AMS 3" turbo back exhaust, and stance GR+ pro coil overs.

When it was in the accident:

Here it is picking it up:

Here she sits now. I have replaced the passenger side doors, side-skirt and fender. Still waiting for my headlight and side mirror. I have put about $700 into it so far in repairs for all my parts. Now I will just need some paint and I'll be good to go. Also decided to get rid of the 18x9.5 rota p45r's it came with.

See less See more
#89 ·
Still can't fathom someone letting a car go for $5k that still fetches $8-10k at auctions (with smashed up front & rear ends no less).

Either luckiest guy around....or.....who cares.

Keep trading up though - you should be rolling in a 911 GT3 in no time at this pace.

The Talon....that was a nice moment in my pants though.

#93 ·
Funny people are still posting in here. I suppose I can give this thread a nice update about the car. I've been slowly working on it since I have gotten it. It has been through a stock turbo, fp green, a Holset HX35, and now currently a Holset HX40 (actually just installed it yesterday)

Here's a current mod list to date. Last year I ran the HX35 on 93 pump gas with a stock clutch and HKS 272's. That setup went 11.5@124. This year I look to run mid to high 10's on pump gas, then switch over to E85 and do work.

ENGINE
Stock Block
Kelford 272 Camshafts
FP Beehive Valve Springs
Gates Racing timing belt
4" Alluminum Intake
Vibrant Air filter
Buschur Race FMIC
Buschur UICP
Custom LICP
Custom 3" v-band SS Turbo back exhaust
Buschur SD Rear muffler
Holset HX40 .70 T3 Bullseye turbo
Full Race T3 Manifold
Tial Q 50mm BOV
Tial 44mm Wastegate
ARP Headstuds
Hallman Pro MBC
CBRD Half-size Radiator
Torque Solution Motor mounts
Blox Front Motor Mount

FUEL:
RC 1000CC Injectors
Walbro 255HP Fuel Pump

DRIVETRAIN
Exedy Twin HD clutch
STM Clutch fork stop
Buschur shifter bushings
Torque Solution shifter base bushings
Torque Solution driveshaft bushings
AMS Mustache Eliminiator/Solid rear bushings

INTERIOR
Autometer -30/45psi
AEM UEGO Wideband
Battery Relocation to trunk

EXTERIOR:
JDM IX Tail lights
Smoked Sidemarkers
35% Window tint
Blackened Headlights
Factory wheels - Street

FD RX7 Wheels 16x8 - Drag
Hoosier Quick Time Pros 26x95x16 - Drag
Ichiba V2 20mm Wheel Spacers - Drag

(old HX35 setup)

buschur FMIC

HX40 installed

Drag setup:

#97 ·
Here's a current mod list to date. Last year I ran the HX35 on 93 pump gas with a stock clutch and HKS 272's. That setup went 11.5@124. This year I look to run mid to high 10's on pump gas, then switch over to E85 and do work.

(old HX35 setup)

buschur FMIC

HX40 installed

Drag setup:
I FUCKING HATE YOU!!!!!!

Take that the right way hahaha.

#99 ·
Wow, you bought all that crap and even drag slicks even though you said you didn't want a drag car? That 2g trade had crazy expensive parts on it you could have made tons of money or had a fast ride, which is obviously what you want otherwise you wouldn't have wasted all your money on all those performance parts on that evo. And aluminum rods are fine for a daily driver I know a few people that daily'd aluminum rods. Hell I would If I had them..

And who puts Holsets on an EVO! are you that broke??? :really: I never thought I would see the day when Evo's have been brought down to the dsm Tooners style of turbo selection. I guess that day has finally come...

I will say this though, you did a fine job of resurrecting the EVO, and you did get a great deal on it through the misfortune of your friend.

#100 ·
So putting a turbo that comes on a $60,000+ truck makes him broke. What do you think ALL big turbos are made for? trucks.

STFU.

#105 ·
I like the comment "Also get fast before you try to school me and tell me to stfu." As if going fast makes you smarter than someone.

I put a $1200 turbo on my car, it's needed rebuilt 3 times.

#111 ·
LOL, WOW, I quoted you because I was agreeing with you. But apparently you are too stupid to comprehend the typed English located in the post right above yours and got all defensive. Good job on that one I guess?

I can see why you would have traded for that 2g, it's already built so you dont have to do anything to it, thats way to easy you noobie, bet if it broke you wouldnt even be able to fix it.
<<<Biggest noob evar! You got me champ. I'm finished. My secret is out.
btw nice edits.

Mods please delete all my posts from this thread, apparently nobody can read in here.

#115 ·
Not that it really matter, but in the scope of the future, the evo will bring alot more $$$ if/when he chooses to sell it. Plus doesn't Buschur "Daily Drive" his 9 sec evo? A fast Evo seems to be better to DD than a fast DSM, just by the trend of DDed cars.

swade

#116 ·
I like Holsets, they are solid turbo's. I just upgraded to the HX40 and a few other things including cams, FMIC, etc... New goal is 10.5 or faster @ 135+, should be easy.

The car is very strong and runs excellent. I had David Buschur tune it on his "heart breaker" Mustang dyno.

We tested the fuel to check its true ethanol content (with this little guy I bought http://bit.ly/igQI5U) before beginning, it was about 75-76%.

542\463 - 33.7psi

Holset HX40; Bullseye T3 .70a/r hotside
BR Race FMIC / Piping
BR SD Exhaust
BR Double Pumper
PTE 1200's
Kelford 272's
Tial 50mm BOV
Tial 44mm WG
Exedy Twin HD
Stock ECU/MAF
Stock Ignition
Stock Block/Head
Stock Intake Mani/Throttle body

This was fourth gear

3'rd gear pull during tuning (had to replace plugs shortly after this)

#124 ·
Very true.

But I had to identify him somehow, and the mods wouldn't like what I wanted to say. :p But, he reminds me of an old commercial with a character in it called "one uppey".

"Everything you have done, he did three years ago. Twice. In Latin America. With your mother."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.