DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

MacGSX's Build 2009-Present

228K views 1K replies 99 participants last post by  BISHILVR 
#1 ·
Well gents it's that time. I've been waiting about a year to make this thread and its time. As most know its a 1999 GSX. I'm keeping the stock 7 bolt but going .020 over. Since money is tighter than first expected, I'm only doing the motor for now, I had plans to get a shep tranny and some DSS axles but that will be on hold for now. Alittle history of the car. I picked it up in 2005 from an older man completly stock with 107k on the dash. I started modding it shortly after and ran a best time of 12.6 @107 last year on a terrible tune and pump gas all on a stock motor. Well here we go...

The new parts going in:
Weisco HD Pistons 8.5:1
Eagle H beam connecting rods
OEM main bolts
OEM composite head gasket
Crower Valve springs
Crower retainers
ACL race rod bearings
ACL race main bearings
ACL thrust washers
HKS 272 cams
Findanza adj cam gears
L19 head studs
Ferrea copper exhaust valves
Ferrea bronze intake valves
Ferrea intake/exhaust valve seals
Ferrea valve locks
Balance shaft elminator kit
Greddy Timing belt
OEM oil pump
PTE 880's
Walbro 255
aero afpr
dsmlink
fp 4'' intake
JMF SMIM
Q45 Throttle body
PTE 5031E
GReddy Type S BOV
DSMLINK
SSAC FMIC with fogs!!!!
Megan Oil pressure gauge
Megan Boost gauge
Megan EGT gauge
NGK AFX WB
Greddy EO-1 Boost Controller

Some pictures:

The new stuff

How she used to look:

How see looks now:

My next plate: LOL

My goal is to have this completed and TUNED by the showdown at English town on August 16th. I'll update it as I go along. ENJOY!

Jordan

See less See more
#90 ·
Re: MacGSX's Build 2009 **56K beware**

Yea, alittle update on the motor. Went to pick up my block today from getting bored and I noticed the the deck wasnt very flat in some spots. Made me question this guys business. Yea I told him to just bore and hot tank it but you think if you notice the head isnt flat you would call the customer and let him know :rolleyes: We well see monday what happens...

Jordan

#91 ·

Update. No pics since my camera is missing :( GOt my block back. Looks nice. Put 2 fresh coats of paint on her and it looks clean :D Now I'm waiting on the machine shop to balance my rotating assmembly. Hopfully my bottom end will be assembled by saturday night. Then my head will be port and polished, assembled and everything will be gravy other than my transmission :( Still debating on sending it to Jack or Shep. It's all gonna come down to the $$$

Jordan

#92 ·

Some pics... Block is cleaned and painted, and pulled the stock valve train out of the head. Rotating assembly is still at the machine shop along with my head which I droped off today to have the valve guides and such put it. I decided against doing it myself since I spent so much money on everything I didnt wanna mess it up. By next week the motor should be fully assemebled and then all I need is a tranny :D

Block and Stuff

Jordan

#95 · (Edited)

WOOT! For getting one step close to final assembly. Picked up my crank, pistons/rods, and the rest of my rotating assembly today from the machine shop. Everything looks so perfect. They even polished my crank for free:D Hopfully tommorow the bottom end will be assembled :tree: :tree: I'm so happy.

Gotta throw a shout out to Precision Engine of Middletown NY, those guys really no what they're doing.

Clean Crank

My beautiful Pistons and Rods

Next Step: Assembly.

OMFGIMSOHAPPYIWANTTODRIVE!!!

Jordan

#115 ·

Gotta throw a shout out to Precision Engine of Middletown NY, those guys really know what they're doing.

Jordan
Soo I might just be giving them a shout to see if they can restore a 6 bolt I've had layin around. Dude super pumped about the built g'luck, I'll be diving into mine quite shortly. Just need to get my trans rebuilt. =/ We have similar cars and similar problems. :)

#97 ·

I have no clue, I'm not looking :eek: I'll try and start totaling up the cost maybe tonight. I'm kind of curious too. I've been getting ok deals on most of the stuff, nothing great but any break in price I'm greatful for. The machine work I expected to be a bit more expensive but so far it's been decent. To balance my rotating assembly push my pistons on my rods and to polish the crank all was only $189 so I was happy about that. I'll try and get a number soon. I still have my transmission to do too!!! thants another $2400 alone. I'm so poor it isnt even funny. I literally dont do ANYTHING. I just cant afford to. BUT my car will run again and be ready for the show down!!!!!!!

Jordan

#99 ·

Not sure, I got Dustin talking to jack for me and another member talking to TRE for me so who ever gets the better deal Is who I am going with. I dont think it will be shep though since TRE and Jack offer more for less(Please dont turn this comment into a transmission argument everyone knows Shep's trannies are good.)

Jordan

#102 ·

Close! Meticulous.

I would love to assemble a motor. Just so long as it wasn't mine... I don't like having to pay for my own screw ups.

#103 ·

Well, got the bottom end assmbled last night. Didnt take to long. Everything went perfect other than losing one oil pan bolt :( Junk yard here I come. That and I have a few things on the front case left, nothing major. Now once the head gets back all I have to do is slap it on and bam, thats it. PICTURES!!!!

Block:

Jordan

#105 ·

Looks really good, thats how all mine looked about a month ago : )

Keep it up with the updates~!

#109 ·

This thread sucks...

Look here asshole.....

:p

So this is not a waste of a post. Right now I'm just waiting for my head to get back from the shop.

Also I'm stuck in a pickle deciding on a transmission. It's either Jacks or TRE. IMO they are all great so I'm just trying to determin who can give me the best deal for the money. That sounds bad but the Marine Corps decided to stop paying me when I got out :( so money is tight.

Jordan

#134 ·

Yea Precision is GREAT but they tend to give you funny looking when you walk in with a 4 banger. They do all the race motors for the Orange county speedway guys so they are mostly V8 guys. I think my motor was the only 4 cylinder they had there at the time.

Jordan

Hey man if your good at something your good at it. I mean their work shows. Im gonna have to call em up. I see you've decided on TRE too. Im pretty sure that what Im gonna wind up going with as well. We are twins! Ps Im not by any means copying. It just happens to be this way haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.