DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and found no help.

So 1 have a 93 Plymouth Laser 1.8L automatic and FWD.

We replaced the plugs, wireset, and the distributor cap, and tried to crank it and .......

......nothing. :dunno:

What could be my problem?

This is an urgent thing to be fixed as it is my daily driver and i need this for work tomorrow.

Thank you.

·
Registered
593 Posts
An engine needs spark fuel and compression to run. I'd also try fuel filter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
+1 I had a 1994 Laser with a 1.8 and it did the same thing. Turns out the fuel filter was clogged. Slipped a new one on and bam! started right up. Good luck, Josh

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
To check, for spark, you can pull the boot off and rest it against something conductive on the engine, or pull out a whole spark plug. Have someone turn the car over while you watch for spark.

For fuel, just pull a plug and smell it. Strong smell plus wet = fuel.

Did the car run prior to replacing all of those parts? If so, I'd bet your dist. cap isn't oriented correctly.

Did you mess with timing at all?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
And by the way, watch your capitalization or you may get a warning from a mod.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey it took me about 20 minutes to replace the fuel filter. Its really easy and really shouldn't take long at all. Josh

·
Registered
26 Posts
kronus said:
To check, for spark, you can pull the boot off and rest it against something conductive on the engine, or pull out a whole spark plug. Have someone turn the car over while you watch for spark.
you also need to ground out the spark plug itself to get it to spark. it wont do it with just a the wire connected. (i just watched my friend try to test it without knowing to ground it, thought it was funny as hell, till i felt bad and decided to help him out)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kronus said:

For fuel, just pull a plug and smell it. Strong smell plus wet = fuel.

Did the car run prior to replacing all of those parts? If so, I'd bet your dist. cap isn't oriented correctly.

Did you mess with timing at all?

The car ran before and no timing was not touched.

·
Registered
469 Posts
This started because you replaced the wires, cap, and plugs? My bet is you have the wires connected to the wrong spot on the distributer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts