DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is involved and needed to install a 14b onto a 2g AWD? My next mod is definately a turbo upgrade and im kind of low on cash so i was wondering approximately how much it would cost to purchase a 14b and to get all of the necessary parts to install it? I've seen used 14b's in good condition on the trader for around 100-200 dollars. So if it is reasonably cheap i would upgrade to 14b. If not, i will go for the :hail: FP BigT28!!.

My goal is to see 12's, so with my mods, what else will it take??

·
Registered
124 Posts
As for a turbo, the 14B will be way cheaper. All you need is to buy the "2G install kit" found at most places like RRE, Turbotrix, DSM-Performance, etc. The whole turbo conversion shouldn't be more than $600, including the price of the turbo.

Lots of people in 2G's have gone 12's with a 14b. Just do a little weight reduction, get an upgraded pump, race gas, 19-21 psi of boost, good launch, and you're there.

I'd suggest getting the 14B ported.. it wont spool as quickly but it'll allow more flow. The lag shouldn't be that noticeable anyways.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts