DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people who run 25 psi with the stock turbo. The key is that you have to make it as easy as possible for the turbo to flow the air. Good portwork, and a high flow exhaust are a good place to start. then you need to get a better intake system including IC piping and possibly an new InterCooler.

Also, check out the posts in "better mas?".

[This message has been edited by gsxalex (edited August 31, 2000).]

·
Registered
231 Posts
Anyone know the max PSI output on a 14B without hurting it? If I replaced the entire exhaust system (already ported the manifold)with a 3" and upgraded the fuel system (pump, possibly injectors) and got an AFC. I was able to get it up to 19psi before I hit fuel cut on stock exhaust/fuel system with a MBC. Any other ideas for making my 1G scream.

Thanks,
Zach
'92 Laser RS Turbo AWD

·
Banned
9 Posts
Higher psi numbers does not necessarily mean more power. The 14b starts to heat up the air (leading to knock) after 17-18 psi on pump gas. Boosting any higher than this will only make you go slower since the ECU will pull back the timing. On race gas you may want to go upto 21 psi, but you still have to monitor your EGT's and o2 voltages to make sure you're not running lean or knocking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts