DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.teamrip.com/Pricing.htm and scroll down to Rotated compressor housing. So a j-pipe is not needed.

Has anyone tried this turbo? Seems like a good idea since the air flow doesn't travel up to the j-pipe, and down threw a 90-elbow and it says no water lines are needed.

My question is what more is needed for an install on a 2g (I've never taken a turbo off/on). If the old water lines are used, aren't they difficult to remove from the T25? I was reading the 16G install on VFAQ and seemed like they are hard to remove. Also, oil lines and gaskets are still needed correct?

For $125 modded compressor housing, I was just curious if it is worth the $$$, or just spend ~$150 more and get a 16G and COMPLETE install kit from Road Race or TheDSMshop.

Just curious, also, the modded one from TRE may "look" a bit more stock than a normal 16G just in the sake of warrenty issue (I know far fetched idea, but who knows)

Anyone have any opinions on this turbo???

ed

------------------
'99 GST
http://www.geocities.com/mospeed9844
Akimoto Air Fitler
GReddy BOV
GReddy Intercooler Piping
GReddy Cat-Back
GReddy Profec B
GReddy Boost and EGT Gauge
Autometer Air/Fuel Meter
Front and Rear Strut Bars

[This message has been edited by mospeed (edited October 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yo a ported 16G from roadrace is $665 as opposed to $750 from Teamrip...isn't it the same thing?

So guys, where should we get a 16G, and where should we get the install kit? I've heard: 16G from TRE, kit from Roadrace. But why should I spend an extra $85 at TRE for the turbo over Roadrace's?

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
When I did the 16g install on my 95 I just bought all the parts that I needed (except the J-pipe) from the dealership. Most of the parts you need can be bought from a 94 gsx and used instead of the install kit. I spent less than $75 on parts and didn't need anything from one of the vendors.

------------------
1995 Talon TSI fwd

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What parts? Water lines, oil lines, what about all the little washers and stuff?

------------------
'99 GST
http://www.geocities.com/mospeed9844
Akimoto Air Fitler
GReddy BOV
GReddy Intercooler Piping
GReddy Cat-Back
GReddy Profec B
GReddy Boost and EGT Gauge
Autometer Air/Fuel Meter
Front and Rear Strut Bars

·
Registered
25 Posts
I actually have that same decision now. I was thinking about getting the Big16G and install kit from RRE and sending it over to TRE for porting. That would prolly be the most cost effective. I wanna also get my O2 sensor housing and ex. mani ported by TRE also. I was thinking about buying those new from a mitsu dealer and sending those to TRE for porting as well. Do you guys think that is the best way to do it? Also, what fuel pump are you guys using? I don't really want to get the Walbro because it's loud. Any other suggestions?

Wei Yan Chan
'99 GSX

·
Registered
129 Posts
hey guys (and gals) I was one of the first to have jon rotate the housing on the turbo mine was just a 14b tho which the old pic actually was showing the turbo he did for me this is a super sweet mod! i did not have to use the j pipe and was able to reuse the coolant lines the oil line was a SS from RRE and new gaskets of course Jon took pic's of the install after i got it in so he should be able to get you guys pic's of it in the car this looks factory to the untrained eye .... tym at buschur was very impressed with jon's work if that tells you something... jon's a very good guy and i would suggest him for all your turbo needs becuz he's "GOD" like that!

------------------
isn't a t-25 from a go-cart

[This message has been edited by autox4fun (edited October 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
129 Posts
just got to thinking about something can RRE put on a 34mm flapper on the turbo to damn near totally stop all the boostcreep so you don't f-up that nice new turbo you just bought i personally haven't heard of them doing this but they will sell you a nice extra wastegate to do the same as a TRE 34 mm flapper at a cost of course 'this is food for thought' RRE is a great place to buy stuff and have stuff done but Jon is on to something here call him ask him he is 'GOD'! i'll be buying my next turbo from JON i'm not trying to make this onesided but it's great work i've had him do 2 turbo for me and they both ROCK!

isn't a t-25 from a go-cart

[This message has been edited by autox4fun (edited October 22, 2000).]

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Mospeed--I got it all there. New banjo bolts, crush washers, gaskets, everything-and if you had the compressor housing turned you wouldn't need the J-pipe!

------------------
1995 Talon TSI fwd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts