DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Plymouth laser rs turbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first dsm. It’s fwd. all I know is that it has 650 cc injectors and a hacked MAF. Other than that I’m pretty sure it’s stock. I have it at a shop getting looked at. It starts and runs, sounds good. But I can’t get it into gear I tried bleeding the clutch over and over but nothing so that’s why it’s at a shop. I plan on upgrading the car a good bit but now sure and what to do first. Money isn’t the issue it’s finding what I need and what all can be done to it. Where the beat places to get my parts ect.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I'd put in a set of stock 450 injectors and a stock maf until you have some sort of tuning ability or chip to compensate. Those will make it run crappy with a stock ecu. Put the hacked maf in the trash where it belongs.

First thing you do to these cars is pull the ecu and replace the capacitors. Then replace the timing belt with an oem one and any other sketchy maintenance items. From there start repairing all the dicked up wiring/connectors under the hood. It usually takes some time just to get these cars to a good starting point before you can start modding. Vfaq.com is a good place for info. Also buy a factory service manual for an "1990 eagle talon" they're super cheap on ebay.

Your gear engagement issue is probably an old master or slave cyl not engaging enough. Those parts are cheap but the mechanic labor bill might not be.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Also the best places to buy parts in my opinion are jnztuning.com and extremepsi.com

·
Registered
1999 Plymouth laser rs turbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! I pulled the trans this weekend and yes the clutch was work out the pressure plate and flywheel all cracked up. I plan on getting the jacks synchro kit putting an act 2600 clutch light fly wheel. For now until then I got more work ahead!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts