DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my galant 1 year ago and of course the car was broken and had a broken timing belt, after I fix the timing and new headgasket, valve job done, and resurface the head the car drove fine for a couple weeks and then it would randomly would over boost to more than 20 psi, the wasgate was only for 10 psi after a couple of days the car started to shut off after spirit driving, so I stop driving the car and the next day when I tried to turn the car on blueish whiteish smoke started to come out from the tailpipe and car idle was rough it won't stay on only if I give it gas, but then smokes gets really bad.

I decided to check the turbo shaft it had a lot of play in it so I decided to upgrade to a fp black and new exhaust manifold and intercooler set up, honestly I was happy because I thought I found the problem after a lot of money and some blood later I installed the turbo and for my luck still the same :(.
Did a compression test i got 150 psi across 4 cylinders, did a leak down test got no more than 15% leakage on 4 cylinders i was hoping to find a bad head gasket or a problem with piston rings

HOPEFULLY SOMEBODY CAN GIME ME SOME ADVICE OF WHAT TO LOOK FOR.
Screenshot_20201213-020516_Video Player.jpg

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts