DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a 1992 mitsubishi expo lrv sport
And its having a hard time running does any know any helpful information that can help me get it running again or a mechanic i dont know of any experienced mechanics. I want to get it running hopefully to engine swap it or see if someone wants to take it off my hands to take good care of it. I dont know and haven't found anyone who knows about these little jdm cars. But i need some help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well its starts really hard. Like you have to flood it or choke it to get it to start and it only starts in the cold. I dropped 1grand on it and the mechanic said there was no problem. But theres also a smell i believe in the cabin that smells of exhaust fumes. Its sonthing with the motor because because last time i drove it was in the. Cold and i saw the engine smoking

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But everyone i take it to says its too old of a car to even try to fix. So im in the dirt right now

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Check the coolant temp sensor. Should be located on the thermostat housing. Also check the wiring and connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts