DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well most of you know that I have been in an accident that left my car really bad. I looked into replacing it and found a website that stated production numbers of the Talons made in the USA. Well in looking at the 98 Production numbers It stated that only 4308 were made. That would be the total of the 4 models made. So that must mean that the AWD models were really rare. If I divided up the total by 4 that means that only about 1000 were made AWD and distributed all over the US (Being 20 per state)
So I looked all over the US for the Clean STOCK Unmodified AWD 98's that were selling at dealers and found the one I just bought today. (I had to have it shipped to me) This will replace my Totaled 95 AWD (That was converted to look like the 98). Its the only model to have silver badging and black interior.
So I have to ask, how many of us own a 98 Talon TSi AWD? How rare are the AWD models?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah thats what I meant. All other models had Grey. I always liked the black parts when I looked at the eclipses. (But not the way the eclipse Front or Rear looks :p )

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Talonted1 said:
I know it doesn't break it down, but I found this, after a quick search.

The numbers are different than the other table posted earlier...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_Talon#Production_numbers_2
WTF??? :confused: That can't possibly be right. Why would they make less 97's if they planned on bringing in one more year. When they planned on bringing in the new 97 with its newest features, it was probably a plan to bring in more money and to keep the eagle name alive. But than in 98, the Talon was the only model that was under the Eagle Brand. So that would not make sense that in 97 they would make less than 98. In 98 I'm figuring that they already planned to kill off the Eagle brand in 98 so that is why Talon was the only model, therefore making less in 98. When I was searching I found more 97's than 98. So when I found an AWD I bought that one due to the fact that it was harder to find.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Yeah, there are more 97s out and about which leads me to conclude that there are more 97s period. Hell, alot of people dont even know there are 98s...

·
Banned
111 Posts
tarantula said:
WTF??? :confused: That can't possibly be right. Why would they make less 97's if they planned on bringing in one more year. When they planned on bringing in the new 97 with its newest features, it was probably a plan to bring in more money and to keep the eagle name alive. But than in 98, the Talon was the only model that was under the Eagle Brand. So that would not make sense that in 97 they would make less than 98. In 98 I'm figuring that they already planned to kill off the Eagle brand in 98 so that is why Talon was the only model, therefore making less in 98. When I was searching I found more 97's than 98. So when I found an AWD I bought that one due to the fact that it was harder to find.
The 95 Stealth and 98 3000GT are the most rare, yet their final years were 96 and 99 respectivley.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I own a Maroon '98 Talon AWD. It has a manual tranny, tan interior, no sunroof and the LS rear diff in it. It was originally sold by Desert Dodge in Las Vegas, NV. I've met a dude in Las Vegas that has a black '98 Talon AWD, manual tranny, grey interior, not for sure what his forum name is, but I sold him a BR UICP w/a 1G BOV back in '02.
Also, the '96 Stealth TT is the rarest turbo 3S. Check out this link-
http://joeg.mi3si.org/2nd_Gen_TT_Production_by_color.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually just purchased a 1998 Talon Esi from a buddy of mine. Got some miles on it but he worked on it and replaced some parts, etc and it runs great. Needs some basic touches and oil change and whatnot.
But so far I absolutely love this car.
My buddy still has 2 or 3 more at home that he works on here and there(not sure if they're 98's or not but definitely Eagle Talons)
Stoked that I came across this forum, didn't realize how rare of cars they were

1 - 14 of 14 Posts