DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently doing some shopping for turbos. I've got my eye on the big 16G, 20G, and this 19C Frank Jr. w/ 7cm Housing. I know quite a bit about the 16g, and the 20g, but my knowledge of the 19c is quite limited. The 19c looks pretty good to me, especially at the price advertised here. http://members.aol.com/fasfwrd/turbos.htm
Can anyone tell me anything about the 19c, positive or negative, and/or anything about the company, FFWD Connection? Any info is appreciated.

Mike
92 TSi AWD
~~~Looking to get out of the 13's...

·
Registered
871 Posts
the frank jr with the 19c puts out the same cfm as a big 16g.....550cfm. so i'd get the big 16g over the jr. as far as the other turbo's on your list, you know which one i recommend....the 20g. 16g's are too small :D
you can view stat's on all these turbos here; http://turbochargers.com/

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
33 Posts
A friend of mine has a 95 talon with a 19C. He's running a FMIC,3in exhaust,AFC,and the other normal stuff...Stock motor,head,intake,TB, and injectors,Nothing and I mean nothing is stripped from the car. He ran a 12.32 at 111mph last Saturday at Maple Grove. Not bad for only 19PSI of boost!
Ryan

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well, I don't know if this will help, but I'm running a 19C Turbo. So far, it's pretty good for me...it spools a little on the slow side, but that's probably because I'm still running the stock downpipe and cat. Getting a 3" downpipe and test pipe soon :) (only reason I got the turbo first was because I got a great deal on it)

Anyways, I ran a 13.55 @ 99mph with 16psi of boost. All I have is a GReddy PE catback, Speed Design Upper I/C pipes, HKS SSOV, ACT 2100, and Weapon*R air filter. Oh yeah, my manifold and O2 housing are also ported.

Well, hope that my comments have helped somewhat.

~John Tran
aka Tranman
'98 Eclipse GSX

[This message has been edited by Tranman (edited October 10, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Tranman (edited October 10, 2000).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts